12.16.22 PLES Newsletter
Update and Upcoming Events
December 16, 2022
Thank you Mr. Beotherson and Mr. Bergin for being our Watch D.O.G.S. today! If you or someone you know is interested in being a Watch D.O.G., please contact Holly Oliver at email@example.com.
A message from the AGSD Technology Department: If you or a family member is using the Powerschool App (NOT the AGSD App), you may have recently experienced some issues with an error stating that data was not syncing. This is due to a version mismatch and will occur if the app is at version 22.5 or older. To rectify the issue, simply click on the three lines in the bottom right hand corner of your App screen, go to "Account", and sign out completely. Once you use your usual credentials to sign back in, it should update your app to the newest version and the error should no longer appear. If you have any further issues, please enter a web help desk ticket using your child's credentials.
Safety & Security Reminders
The safety and security of our school community remain a priority in AGSD. Our District has safety and security protocols in place and we would like to share a few key points.
- AGSD maintains a collaborative partnership with the local and state police departments.
- Police are required to perform daily safety checks of schools for our buildings.
- If through collaboration with the local and/or state police an incident is deemed a potential threat to the safety of our school community, administration will notify families in a prompt manner.
- Administration can only discuss discipline-related issues with the student’s parents/caregivers.
- Questions or concerns should be directed to the school administration.
With the holiday season upon us, we would like to remind you that all students will be dismissed from school early on Friday, December 23, 2022, as a prelude to the winter break.
Avon Grove Intermediate School and Penn London Elementary School will dismiss students at 12:20 p.m.
Please note that on December 23, schools will operate on a modified schedule and lunches will be served. December 23rd will be a spirit day, all staff and students are invited to wear pajamas to school!
Winter break is from Monday, December 26 through Friday, December 30.
School resumes on Monday, January 2, 2023.
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram @pennlondon_es!
Mrs. Harrison, Principal
Mrs. Hall, Assistant Principal
Report Cards for trimester 1 will be available to families starting on Thursday, December 22nd. For information on how to access the Powerschool Parent Portal and how to access student report cards on the Parent Portal, click here.
Citadel Heart of Learning Award
Now through January 15th, Citadel Credit Union is accepting nominations for the 2023 Citadel Heart of Learning Award.
If you know a teacher who goes above and beyond the call of duty and truly makes a difference in their student’s lives, please submit a nomination. Winners will receive our glass heart award, at least $1000 to spend in their classroom and will be honored at a recognition ceremony in the spring.
PBIS and Bucket Filling
This week our focus was on appropriate behavior in the cafeteria. Students earned bucket bucks for being at a volume 2 or less, raising their hand for help, throwing out trash, and cleaning up the tables. We are so proud of all our bucket fillers!
Student Resources and Supports
- If your student has been sent home in borrowed clothes from the nurse, please wash and return them as soon as possible.
- The nurse’s office is in need of donations. Please consider donating boys pants as well as boys and girls underwear. Thank you in advance for your generosity!