Tips from the Tech Guy
May 6, 2013
App Spotlight - Showbie
Showbie is a super-simple way to create classes, distribute assignments, turn in assignments, and give students feedback on their work. If you aren't using something like MyBigCampus, Schoology, or Edmodo, you should definitely check out Showbie. It's free and easy to use! Watch the demo video to see what it will do. It works through the browser or using an iPad/iPhone app.
Cool Teaching Idea
Have students tell stories this way . . .
There's been a lot of talk about flipped classrooms lately. Here's some great info for you, including real-world experiences, tips, and even STAAR results!
- What is a flipped classroom?
- 27 Simple Ways to Flip Your Classroom
- Look at a real flipped/pbl classroom - start at the oldest post and read it backward to see how his year started, what they learned, and how the whole concept evolved
- And click here to see how their STAAR results came out! You'll be impressed, I promise!
- Questions to ask before you flip your classroom
Tons of iPad Resources
Click here to find lots of iPad resources, apps, training, and more.
Check out iHelpUOnline - it's got resources for using the tech in your classroom. It focuses on Macs and iPads, but also touches on other things. Look around the site, then head to the Contact Us page and let us know what you think. You can also leave tutorial suggestions :-)
Tech Tips for the Classroom
Are you feeling overwhelmed with all the technology in your classroom? Unprepared? Untrained? We feel your pain. Tech Tips for the Classroom is a new series at iHelpUOnline that is designed to help you out. Warning - the first article will make some people really mad, but please stick with it and I think you'll find some things to help you out!