Mrs. Pfeifer's News & Notes
Here are a few things about the week ahead:
- Zionsville History on Monday
- NWEA Testing 1/6, 1/7, 1/8
- No word lists this week (neither WTW nor prefix words).
- A permission slip for the FitLife Challenge will come home in your child's folder, please return to school signed so that your child may participate in the FintessGram testing next week on 1/13/16.
- Students go outside for recess, and temperatures are rather low. Please send your child in with proper outdoor clothing (hat, scarf, gloves).
Week at a glance:
- Monday- special Media
- Tuesday- special Music
- Wednesday- special PE (PLEASE remember to wear appropriate clothing and shoes), Library (remember to return library books), NWEA testing 2:05-3:20
- Thursday- special S.T.E.M., NWEA testing 2:05-3:20
- Friday- special Art, NWEA testing 12:50-2:05
-Nonfiction reading, Light
- Making Angler measurers
- Mid-year Assessment
- Basic Fraction Concepts (review)
- Fractions of a set
- No math on Thursday or Friday
- Opinion Writing unit begins
Happy New Year!
We made it through half of our school year, and I just know these next few months are going to fly by.......spring break will be here before we know it. On that note, students were reminded of expected behaviors with their stability balls in the classroom. We are very lucky to have these resources, and they have not all been using them as they should. Therefore, we have reviewed how the balls need to be used, and students' responsibilities of their actions with the balls. All students will get a reminder/warning if they are improperly using the ball, however, will lose their ball for the remainder of the year if they cannot use it appropriately. Please have your child review the expectations with you this week. I am fairly certain that everyone will be able to keep their ball for the rest of the year. Please let me know if you have any questions about this.
A reminder if there is a snow day: The first snow day will be an off day, and students will make it up on May 27th. If there is a second snow day, this will be an E-day, and students will need to log in to Canvas that day to complete assignments. Please make sure you can get logged in before then so that if you have questions or issues getting logged in, we can address them before there is panic on that day.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Your Partner in Education,
3rd Grade Teacher
Pleasant View Elementary School
Zionsville Community Schools
Carter showing off his window made with bear fat to repel the water (Zionsville history).
Maddie showing her Lean-to built with graham crackers, chocolate frosting and pretzels (Zionsville history).
Paul with his Lean-to (Zionsville history).
Evan and Jack S. had a little bit of fun with the chocolate "mud" frosting they used in making their lean-tos.
Anisten proud of her lean-to.
Jack showed his creativity building a "fire" in front of his lean-to.