OAKVIEW'S PRIMARY PRIDE
April 11-15, 2016
TEACHER OF THE YEAR
It is my privilege to share that Brian Mitchell is Oakview's Teacher of the Year. I am sure you all will join with me to wish him well, as he polishes his application to prepare it for the district level of competition. Congratulations, Mr. Mitchell!
SCIENCE EXPO COMING TO OAKVIEW SOON
Our biggest family event is quickly approaching. We visited with you about this event in January, and shared that if you worked a little each month, it would not be a daunting task. I know many grade levels are ready. However, if you are not and if you have questions, please visit with Mrs. Wyatt as soon as possible because the big date is Thursday, April 28, 2016. We will need ALL "hands on deck" this night.
ITEMS DUE THIS WEEK
- Training assigned by Mr. Barfield is to be completed by this Friday, April 15, 2016.
- Summer School Lists are due this Friday, April 15, 2016.
- If you have not turned in OrganWise, it is due Monday before you leave.
- School supply list turned into Mrs. Regina by Friday, April 15, 2016.
If you were still in the building on Friday afternoon, I turned on the different alarms. Two of the alarms are difficult to distinguish. These sounds are not the final product. Instead of the alarms, we will have recordings telling what type of situation we are encountering. Mr. Williams is working on that now.
ITEMS DUE APRIL 29TH
- Requisitions due to Mrs. Green
- Student Concerns
- Behavior Grades for class purposes
END OF YEAR TESTING
Check in the Important Oakview Folder and locate your testing days for the end of year. Please go ahead and put those days in AESOP. Remember, math is only half a day. If you have conference time in the morning, then you will test in the afternoon. If you have conference in the afternoon, you will test in the morning.
EVENTS THIS WEEK
- Possible fire drill at 9:00
- Summative Conferences scheduled individually
- Tuesday, April 12, 2016 and Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - Asthma Clinic
- Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - 2nd Grade Data Meeting