Summer Reading Project
By: Anna Dayton- Dusterheft- Block 1
Isabelle's Personality: Isabelle is a very head strong, willing girl. She is not very patient with the changes in her life, but tries to fight through the harsh way her owners treat her. She fights for her sister; Ruth, and would give anything to make sure she is safe.
Isabelle's Actions: She is a good worker for Madam in the beginning, but after so many bad experiences, she starts acting up. Isabelle tries to help both sides, but ends up upsetting herself, and Madam. When Madam gets mad and tries to hurt Isabelle, she runs away or fights Madam herself. At night Isabelle snooped on Madam and Sir Lockton and finds information that only confuses her more. When Ruth is sold, out of anger, Isabelle finds Curzon, and runs away during a intense war moment.
Plot Line Picture
Characters: Ruth, Isabelle, Mary Finch's husband, The Locktons
Setting: In the Graveyard, and in Jenny's restaurant, at the Lockton's house
When: Early 1900's
1. Isabelle and Ruth's owner died, so they are at the funeral. Isabelle and Ruth are sold to an old British couple.
2. Madam finds favor in Isabelle, right as she meets Curzon; who spreads rumors to her about the war.
3. Isabelle works well, and is good to her owners for a while.
4. She starts getting involved in the rumors and tries to help both sides.
5. She starts helping the American side spy on the British by listening to Sir Lockton and Madam's conversations with their peers, then reports the information back to Curzon.
6. Isabelle starts getting in trouble, and is always punished harshly.
7. Isabelle starts leaning towards being on the Americans side.
1. After more "behavior issues" (as Madam would say), Madam finally decided to take everything that Isabelle had away from her; by selling Ruth.
2. Isabelle sees an opportunity to run away, during an intense bombing on the city.
3. She doesn't know whether to go sneak Curzon out of prison, or leave him in there to rot and die.
4. She decides to risk her freedom and sneaks to the prison.
5. Isabelle makes a quick and clever escape, saying Curzon is dead and she is going to throw him out.