Register now to join the 2021-2022
LETRS Volume 1 (3rd Edition) Cohort
Please join the Allegheny Intermediate Unit for this Volume 1 Cohort.
Developed by renowned literacy experts Dr. Louisa Moats and Dr. Carol Tolman, LETRS ® is a flexible literacy professional development solution for preK–12 educators. LETRS earned the International Dyslexia Association's Accreditation and provides teachers with the skills they need to master the fundamentals of reading instruction—phonological awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, comprehension, writing, and language.
LETRS empowers teachers to understand the what, why, and how of scientifically based reading instruction.
Priority skills focused on phonology, phonics, vocabulary, fluency, and comprehension must be taught during reading and spelling lessons to obtain the best results for all students.
Effective reading instruction is complex with several related key components, based on current scientific research.
Explains spoken and written English language structures to students and how to implement instructional routines, activities, and approaches to differentiate instruction to meet literacy needs for all students.
The 2021-2022 Cohort will cover the content of Volume 1:
- Unit 1 The Challenge of Learning to Read
- Unit 2 The Speech Sounds of English
- Unit 3 Teaching Beginning Phonics, Word Recognition, and Spelling
- Unit 4 Advanced Decoding, Spelling, and Word Recognition
COMMITMENT OF TIME
- Independent Reading: 33 hours
- Online LETRS Platform: 15 hours
- Synchronous and In-Person PD: 22 hours
- Total of 70 Act 48 Hours Available
Cost: $350 per participant/ includes Volume 1 manual and one year of online access
- Invoicing will be processed upon registration.
- Checks or purchase orders/POs must be received by 10/18/2021 or registration will be canceled.
- Materials will be shipped directly to your home or school address.
Target Audience: K-5 General Education Teacher, K-12 Special Education Teachers, Reading Specialists, Interventionists, ESL Teachers, educators and administrators interested in literacy.
Registration for 2021-2022 Cohort is now closed.
Each session will run from 9:00am-3:30pm
Synchronous Zoom Session
November 18, 2021 - Unit 1
Face-to-Face Sessions @ AIU
January 20, 2022 - Unit 2
March 31, 2022 - Unit 3
May 10, 2022 - Unit 4