Building Hints and Tips
1. Make sketches of any good ideas you have and make plans for how you will construct the tower-good planning and design are essential to building a successful tower!
2. Where you choose to use shortened pieces of spaghetti, make sure you cut them accurately. If you don't use pieces of equal length in a particular section of the tower, it may start to twist and topple.
3. Use shorter pieces of spaghetti or put in braces to help support squares or rectangles in your tower.
4. Think carefully about whether the spaghetti should pass all the way through the marshmallow or not.
5. There will be most stress at the base of the tower-think about how to add strength here.