BWMS Parent Update
Stomp Out Bullying Spirit Week!
Next week is Spirit Week at BWMS with a focus on Stomping Out Bullying nationwide and bringing the positivity to BWMS. Take full advantage of the fun themes organized by our Student Council and SOAR committee and show your BW Eagle Pride next week. Specifically on Wednesday during our Advisory CharacterStrong lesson, we will focus on the importance of being an Up-Stander in support of our fellow Eagles at BWMS and choosing kindness and support when facing injustices. Ask you student how the conversation went on Wednesday as well as check below for the list of the BWMS Spirit Days!
Have a great weekend,
Mr. Josh Frame
- Special Thanks to our PTO for providing our Staff with Dinner on Conference Night. They greatly appreciated your support and kindness.
- Next week is Stomp Out Bullying Spirit Week at BWMS. Check out the days above.
- The end of the Quarter (Wednesday 10/14/20) is quickly approaching with just 3 days remaining. Please sit down with your student and review the grades within PowerSchool and develop a plan to make sure all ends well. Within a certain timeline of summative tests, teachers allow students to retake an assessment as long as they have met certain criteria. Have your student check in with the teacher as we care about the learning.
- The SOAR Cart will be rolling on Thursday 10/15/20 as we recognize students for Scholarship, Ownership, Awareness and Respect at BWMS.
- There is no school on Friday 10/16/20 in lieu of conferences.
- Due to the pandemic and maintaining as much spacing as possible on our buses each day, students are required to ride their scheduled bus to and from school at all times. Changes to a student's bus schedule so that they can ride home with a friend or relative are not permitted. If your child's place of residence changes, please contact the school to ensure proper changes of their bus schedule.
Attention parents of students with an IEP. The Ohio Department of Education has requested your feedback through this survey link: Special Education Family Survey
Updated on Gifted Services
Are you looking for a way that you can make a positive impact in Big Walnut Schools? The district is in need of substitute custodians, food service workers, and bus drivers. If interested, please visit our Job Opportunities page to apply.
Training will be provided to all substitutes - potential drivers will receive all training necessary to meet licensing requirements for drivers. If you have any questions, please contact Ron McClure at 740-965-8967.
DACC Virtual Chats
Parents of 6-10th graders: Thinking college and career? Attend an upcoming virtual session to learn more about the "super electives" your kids can take later in high school via the Delaware Area Career Center. Zoo school, engineering, pharmacy, nursing, bioscience, cybersecurity, app development, digital design and more! THREE online sessions starting on 10/1. RSVP and more details here.
14 End of 1st quarter
15 SOAR Cart
15 BWMS PTO Meeting, 7:00 PM
16 No School Conf Comp Day
19 Art Contest for Yearbook thru Nov 2nd
22 Report Cards Posted 8am
2 BWMS Yearbook Cover Contest ends
4 Picture ReTake Day
12 Winter Sports Pictures
13 Grade Update Day
19 BWMS PTO Meeting, 7:00 PM
25-27 Thanksgiving Break
30 No Students - Teacher Prof Dev Day
BWMS SOARing Staff Award
School Counseling Update
- Know! To Positively Connect with Your Teen
- ADHD Academy - a virtual resource sponsored by Nationwide Children's Hospital
- September 2020 Mental Health Newsletter from Mr. Plummer
- Know! To Beware of the Benadryl Challenge
- Know! Six R’s for Less Stress Homeschooling
- Know! July is National Minority Mental Health Awareness Month
- Know! To Define Racial Terms for Teens
HEALTH AND SAFETY UPDATE | COVID-19
Please see the attached health and safety update from District Nurse Megan Truax.
Big Walnut Schools are committed to seeking out our military connected families and assisting those families as needed. Should an immediate family member currently be serving in the military, please let us know. Please complete the Military Connected Student Information Form.
We have several events each year to bring our military connected families together. Please check our district website and weekly newsletters for additional information on those events.
Stay Connected with BWMS w/ Schoology
- BWMS will send out Announcements Periodically throughout the week to keep others informed using the new school communication and learning management system - Schoology - https://schoology.bwls.net/home.
- BWMS Families code: 8VWG-XH43-BRB6Z
- BWMS Athletics: 2KDR-2KDW-322JB
- BW-VLP Schoology Family Group: 86C8-CC76-PTNC4
All information for BWMS athletics can be found at bigwalnutathletics.net
Enjoy serving others and making them feel great, Consider helping at the Delaware County Make A Difference Day. This is a county-wide day of service for all ages that will be held on Saturday, November 14th from 9am-12noon. Registration is open until Sunday, October 25th. Volunteers will help older adults with outdoor chores. Health and safety guidelines are in place for this year including:
- Groups of no more than 10
- Masks required
- Packet/assignment pick up prior to event (Sunbury location at Jessica Forman's office)
- Drive through paperwork drop off after assignment is completed
- Hand sanitizer wipes provided
Volunteers will receive a great t-shirt and the satisfying feeling knowing they've helped our community!