Week of March 21- March 25 Vol.1 Edition 27
Cabell will be a premier 21st century school that caters to the needs of the whole child in a vigorous personalized learning environment.
Hello Cabell Chargers,
TELPAS and STAAR
March 21st - Verifiers please return writing samples to every rater if you haven’t done so.
March 21st - March 24th - K-1 Raters score Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening.
2-5 Raters score Writing, Speaking and Listening.
Raters- As soon as you finish rating please give your summary sheet and writing samples if applicable to Mrs. Fisher.
STAAR UPCOMING EVENTS
Tuesday March 22nd at 2:00 PM - Small Group Administrator Training in room 114.
Wednesday March 23rd - 4th grade and 5th grade STAAR training during planning in room 114.
Thursday March 24th at 8:00 AM - Seating charts due to Mrs. Fisher. 4th and 5th classroom and hallway instructional materials must be covered by 4:00 PM.
March 29th- STAAR 5th Grade Reading and 4th Grade Writing
March 30th- STAAR 5th Grade Math
- No Staff Meeting, Monday 3/21
- TELPAS, 3/21, Samples verified and returned
- TELPAS, 3/22-3/24, Scored (K-1)
- Tutoring, Tues-Thurs, AM/PM
- CAR, Wed-Thurs, PM
- Inclement Weather Day, Friday 3/24
On the Horizon...
- March 29th, STAAR 4th Grade Writing and 5th Grade Reading
- March 30th, STAAR 5th Grade Math
- During April & May, Construction - the abatement contractor will work after school hours, in the crawl space, installing a make safe area for the contractors to work
- April 4-8, All day, 3YO Pre-K/Pre-K/Kinder enrollment
- April 21st, Construction - Boxes will be delivered, Move Solutions will distribute to classrooms
- April 25th @ 3:15 PM - Construction, Pack meeting , conducted by John Conway with Move Solutions
- Move Solutions will be moving furniture, teacher items and technology equipment
Habits of Mind: Be at school and be on time.
This includes getting to class on time. By requiring students to be on time, we send the message that school and the classes are important. We help develop the students’ sense of responsibility, and we help break some students of the habit of making weak excuses.
our mission is to promote student success through a high quality education. For every child to succeed, we must hold students and ourselves to high expectations. Only the courageous pursuit of excellence will lead to success.