Coaching 4 Ps
Review, Preview, Praise and Problems: April 25-29
- Conducted classroom walk-throughs with Jennifer Brown (Literacy Specialist). Met with principal to discuss "noticings".
- Tues. and Wed. helped with SC Ready testing.
- Prepared for Friday's Reading Celebration.
- Attended faculty meeting on Monday.
- Worked with Literacy Committee Wednesday and Thursday for final Reading Celebration preparations.
- Attended a Learning Progressions Skype meeting on Thursday.
- On Friday, Celebrated Reading!!
- Attended early release meeting on Friday.
- Began organizing books for Summer Reading.
- Finalized Fountas & Pinnell copies for next year.
- Visit third grade classroom on Monday to model administering Fountas & Pinnell BAS.
- Visit second grade for John Collins guidance.
- Prepare schedule for Henry Dembowski's visit May 10. Meet with administrators to discuss ideas and teacher volunteers for the day of the visit.
- Make John Collins Banners showing the writing process. Try to complete 4, one for each hallway on both campuses.
- Co-teach inquiry lessons with third grade teacher.
- Meet with current fourth grade teacher to begin discussing plans for her first year in fifth grade.
- Meet with fifth grade teacher.
- Submit Fountas & Pinnell copies order to Michelle Grant.
- Continue organizing Summer reading books. Need to check book availability for current fifth grade.
- Help set up and "chaperone" dance Friday night.
- Prepare for Pre-K reading celebration on Tuesday.
- Put away games and materials from reading celebrations.
- The Literacy Committee has worked hard to make our end-of-year reading celebration a huge success for the students. I greatly appreciate their ideas and efforts to help our kids celebrate all of the reading they have done this year.
- So many teachers and staff pitched in Friday for the reading celebration set-up and clean-up. I love this faculty and staff!
- Friday was an AMAZING day! The reading celebration was a tremendous success. Students had a blast, and teachers appreciated the relaxed atmosphere of the celebration as well as all of the work that went into it. Literacy committee members even discussed volunteering for a second year on the committee.
- We have awesome administrators! Our top readers were able to throw "pies" at Mr. Black and Mrs. Harris. They are both so good for the kids; it is obvious they love our kids and want to do what's best for them.
Potential Speed Bumps (not really problems)
I do not see any new potential bumps for this week.