~ Hawley Elementary School Newsletter: December 18, 2022 ~
From the Desk of Mr. Moretti.....
Dear Hawley Parents/Guardians, Teachers, and Staff,
Just like everywhere else, Hawley is extremely BUSY this time of year. It is so exciting, lots to do, checking my list (twice ;0)
Buckle up, stay seated, and keep your hands and feet in the car at all times, as you read on to find out What's Happening at Hawley .....
~ Progress Reports ~
A few helpful hints/reminders . . .
- The Progress Reports cannot be accessed from the mobile app.
- Recommended web browsers for viewing reports are Chrome and Safari
- Parent Portal url - https://newtownps.powerschool.com/
- Parents access reports by going to Student Reports (left side menu) > Archived Reports > 2022-2023 Progress Report - Marking Period 1
It is important for you to view your child's Progress Report to see how your child is doing and to best know how to support them. Reach out to your child's teacher with any questions or to the office with access issues.
~ Kindness Month ~
The Kindness Cart
This Week is Spirit Week. Below is what we will wear each day.
We launch with PJ Day. We are all donating $1 (or any amount you choose) to CT Children's Hospital to support kids with cancer. Click HERE to donate (or send in $1)
- Mon: PJ Day
- Tues: Dress like a Super Hero
- Wed: Bright Colors
- Thurs: Shirts with Positive Messages or Red (for the umbrella)
- Fri: Hawley Spirit Wear or Blue & White
Click HERE for a Spirit Week Visual to hang on your fridge as a reminder.
Kindness Assembly: We all gather as a school (see below ;0) to hear students' writings about Kindness & Inclusion. Each grade also leads the school with a meaningful song.
The BIG Hawley-Day Gathering
Friday, 12/23, is a 3-Hr Early Release Day. No Staff or Students will go to SH. Buses in the morning will drop off ALL Students at Reed. ALL Parent Drop Offs will be at Reed. We will have our Kindness Assembly and spend the rest of the day with Buddy Classes enjoying Winter-Themed Movies, doing crafts and enjoying Hot Cocoa. Movies will either by Rated G or PG. If you do not approve of a PG winter-themed movie, please reach out to me.
ALL students will need a bag lunch from home on this day.
At the end of the day (12:37 pm) ALL Students will board buses at Reed or be picked up at Reed.
It is going to be a Glorious Day, TOGETHER!!
Important Reminders / General Info
- State Mandated Attendance Letters must be mailed when students reach absence #6 and #9. As important as it is for students to be in school, we do not want sick students in school nor do we frown upon family time together that might fall outside of our vacation schedule. As I have always shared, if I have a serious concern about your child(ren)'s attendance, I will call you.
- Friday, 12/23: ALL students are dropped off and picked up at Reed and need a bag lunch from home.
- Since we are in 2 buildings that students are unfamiliar, and with the end of the day being very busy, we ask that no students be picked up between 3:00-3:25 PM.
- If you are wondering..... ASK!
~ Food for Thought ~
Follow Us On Twitter
*For us to use your child's likeness, we need your permission. Permission must be granted annually via the ParentPortal.