Back To School Night
Social Emotional Learning
- Homelinks sent home weekly
- Parents and students work together
- Parents sign at bottom of sheet
Access more information by following this link: http://www.cfchildren.org/second-step.aspx.
Mindfulness and Responsive Classroom
- being present
- paying attention to our surroundings
- paying attention to our mind without getting carried away by it
- focusing on being curious and kind to ourselves and others
- calm and focus students
- improve memory and comprehension
- build empathy
Responsive Classroom is an evidenced-based approach that brings together SEL and Academics throughout the day in a strong school community setting
Behavior this year:
- Moving to a principles approach to classroom management.
- Emphasis on each student valuing a strong and positive classroom culture
Elements of our behavior plan this year:
- teaching desired behaviors through interactive modeling
- reinforcing Growth Mindset
- children are responsible for their behavior
- logical consequences
- reflection sheets
- allowing students to own their own problems
- building resilience - hurting and struggling are part of gaining wisdom
Benchmarks - First District Feedback
Writing - Tuesday, November 15
Math - Monday, January 9
Reading - Tuesday, January 10
STAAR Tests - Prepared, but not scared
Writing - Tuesday, March 28
Math - Monday, May 8
Reading - Tuesday, May 9
4th Grade TEKS- This link will take you to TEA Website. Elementary TEKS are listed as subject areas with all grade levels included. Click on subject area then scroll to grade level.
- Thematic Units built around novels and other literature.
- Integrated writing experiences in many genres.
- Each class works on or above grade level.
- Every student will have opportunities to apply their learning in creative ways above and beyond standard curriculum.
- L.A. will include computer lab and library.
- Units of Study
- Alternative Strategies: http://hptexas.pbworks.com/w/page/72390698/Alternative%20Strategies%20for%20Computation
- Think Through Math: https://lms.thinkthroughmath.com/users/sign_in
- Go! Math: https://www-k6.thinkcentral.com/ePC/start.do - Science Too
- Major units of study
- Hands on investigations
- Cooperative learning
- Done in Homeroom classes
Science Fair - December 7th - 9th
*GT Designated Children must complete a Science Fair Project and Reflection Project*
Texas Studies Newspaper - will come home regularly
We emphasize primary sources and documents
Primary Sources - documents/items created by the people at the event and offers an inside view.
Understanding the big picture of how and why events took place. Not a lot of date memorization.
Texas History and Your Family
- helps students know how the settling of Texas happened
- The Story of Texas and their family
- instructions to come via LivingTree
Family Research Project
- personal interview of oldest relative
- hard copy of directions in November
* Connects students to their own history
*Keep an eye out for instructions on Living Tree
- McKinney Roughs - Parent Drivers - Sept. 30th
- Bullock Texas State Museum - AISD Bus - Dec. 5th
- San Antonio - Charter Bus - March 8th
- Laguna Gloria - AISD Bus - Date TBD
- Pioneer Farms - Parent Drivers - Date TBD
* Dates are on LivingTree calendar
Living Tree will be our main way of communicating with parents.
*Daily Summary Option
*Phone/Email Notifications - If not check in at least once a week
*Please look for our Living Tree Posts this week for more detailed information*
Chromebooks- Used in class - Google Classroom
* Google Student Account - AISD Cloud Log in - Watch Living Tree for instructions
Fall Enrichment - $35
Agendas - $5
Fiesta and Texas Independence Day Party - $4
McKinney Roughs - $10
Bullock Texas State History Museum - $9
Laguna Gloria - $4
Pioneer Fair Craft Supplies - $3
This does not include the processing fee to pay with a credit card online. Please visit austinisd.schoolcashonline.com to pay your 4th grade enrichment fees!
Spring Enrichment - TBD
San Antonio on Charter Buses
Pioneer Fair Celebration
- Opportunities in and out of classroom
- Watch LivingTree for requests
- Contact homeroom teacher if interested
Fourth Grade Team
Left to right in picture:
Taylor Cowan - email@example.com, RM.105
Samantha Sambola - firstname.lastname@example.org, RM.106
Sally Hunter - email@example.com, RM.101
Beth Finkle - firstname.lastname@example.org, RM.103
Lauren Reilly - email@example.com, RM.102
Tiffany Perkins - firstname.lastname@example.org, RM.104
Lisa Bachman (Not Pictured) - email@example.com, Portable 508, A-15