Tiger Shark City News
Rosenberg Elementary School
Para traducir el boletín, haga clic en Translate Newsletter en el cuadro negro arriba.
September 19-September 24, 2022
Tiger Shark Families,
We are off to a great start this school year. Some friendly reminders:
- Students CANNOT wear Crocs. Please refer to the dress code chart below.
- Student birthdays: We LOVE celebrating your child's birthday! Parents may drop off cupcakes and/or goodie bags to the front office. (All items must be packaged from a store.) Our front office will deliver the items to your child's class at the end of the day. Parents will not be allowed to take items to the class--we cannot interrupt instructional time during the school day. Also, please do not bring pizza or lunch items to the school. Our campus offers free breakfast and lunch to all students, and this goes against the rules of that program.
- Students may enter the building at 8am. Class starts at 8:15am. If you arrive after 8:15am, you must sign your child in at the front office.
- Attendance counts! Please be sure your child is here every day!
- Please do not block any driveways or stop in the middle of the street when bringing or picking up your child to the school. We do have a car rider line that students can use--we will get them out of the car and walk them into the building before and after school!
We are a Capturing Kids Hearts campus!
Our teachers and staff have been trained in Capturing Kids Hearts, a program that focuses on the social-emotional wellbeing of students, a relationship-driven campus culture, and student connectedness. Each month, there is a theme. For September, the theme is empathy. Click on the files below to learn more about empathy.
Ball High Football Players visit Rosenberg!
Last Friday, before their big game (they won 55-0!), Ball High Football players stopped in to read and play reading games with our students! Over and over, we heard from the students how much fun they had! These athletes were great role models for our Tiger Sharks!
Poppin' in to say thanks!
We popped in to say thanks to our teachers and staff for all their help during testing this past week!
- September 30: Family Night in the Park
- October 10: Holiday (no school)
- October 24: Red Ribbon Week starts
- October 26: Early Release at 12:15pm
- October 31: Parent/Teacher Conference day (no school for students)
- November 9: Rosenberg Fall Festival and BookWalk
- November 15 & 16: Thanksgiving Luncheon with Parents
- November 21-25: Thanksgiving holiday (no school)
Check out School Supply Lists here:
Download the 2022-2023 School Calendar here:
Save the Date!
Wednesday, October 12th is the Galveston Education Foundation's Out to Eat event! Eat out for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner and help support teacher grants for the classroom!