The Eagle Flyer
September 27, 2021
A Message from Mrs. Fantaskey
Benergy1 Presentation: On Friday, we celebrated our TEAM Doyle, and our students heard from Ben Hartranft from Benergy1 Presentations. Ben shared his journey with autism, and his message focused on the importance of acceptance, kindness, and inclusion. Ben's mission is to build a community of people who will set an example of kindness and inclusion.
Homeroom Parent Meeting: Homeroom Parents will meet with the coordinator on Tuesday, 9/28 at 6:00 PM to review responsibilities for the upcoming year.
Home & School General Membership Meeting will be held on Tuesday, 9/28/21 from 6:30 to 7:30 PM. All parents and caregivers are invited and encouraged to attend our Fall Home & School Association General Meeting. Be engaged with your child’s school. Get to know your school community. Support Doyle programs and activities. Learn important news and updates such as dates and budget review. Find ways how you can help in 2021-2022! Please join us in the gym.
As always, thank you for your support and collaboration.
Mark Your Calendar!
Tuesday, September 28, 2021
- Home room Parent Meeting (6:00 -6:30 PM)
- Home and School General Membership Meeting (6:30-7:30 PM)
- Dining For Doyle at Jules Pizza & Lovebird (4:00 - 8:30 PM)
- Chorus Practice Begins (7:50 AM)
Wednesday, October 6, 2021
- 5th Grade Field Trip to Peace Valley
- Walk To School Day
Friday, October 8, 2021
- Picture Day
- Dining for Doyle at Primo Hoagie
- Pumpkin Decorating Contest Submissions Due
- Stock the Nest Donations Due
- Fall Fest at Tabora Farm
Friday, October 29, 2021
- Early Dismissal at 11:55 AM (all students)
- Halloween Celebration (Events TBD)
Dining For Doyle-Tomorrow
Dine in at either Jules Pizza or LoveBird on Tuesday, September 28th anytime after 4:00 PM or grab and go to attend the Home & School Association (HSA) General Meeting.
Dining for Doyle is one of the many programs run by the HSA to have families connect outside of school and is an important fundraising tool. A portion of all sales are donated directly to the Doyle HSA."
Wing Tip Winners
News From the Library
Crushing Stigma Program
Crushing Stigma – Building Mental Strength for Life
The Central Bucks School District and NAMI Bucks County PA are pleased to partner together to offer this program to our community on October 6. The event is open to students, adults, and families, and free childcare will be provided for all or a portion of the event as needed. Register for event updates and childcare at www.CBSD.org/crushingstigma_register.
Video link to embed: https://vimeo.com/601233183
We are hosting a Halloween themed Snack Bar for our SPOOKTACULAR teachers and staff this month for all they BOO! Please help us stock the Eagle's Nest (Faculty Lounge) by donating some fall sweets, snacks, and drinks for them to enjoy.
Please drop your donated items off in the office or send them in with your student before Tuesday, October 26th at 9:00 AM.
The Central Bucks School District will be changing the way in which absences are reported, beginning with the start of this upcoming school year on August 30, 2021. The following items are some key points to be aware of.
- Parents and guardians will be able to submit absence requests via the Parent Portal. Parents can request a full day absence, early dismissal, or late arrival.
- Absence requests will be reviewed by School Attendance Staff and approved or denied.
- Requests made using the Parent Portal will also serve as the excuse for the absence. Parents will not be required to submit an excuse either electronic or written.
- Parents and guardians can also still call the school to report an absence, but emails will no longer be accepted.
In addition, when a student is absent from school, but the school did not receive communication from the parent or guardian, the following communication will be sent:
- A text message will be sent midmorning notifying the parent or guardian of the absence
- An email will also be sent at the end of the school day reminding the parent or guardian that the student was marked absent.
Information regarding how to use the Parent Portal to report an absence can be found here.
2021-2022 REQUIRED HEALTH EXAMS
The State of Pennsylvania requires students in certain grades to have health exams.
- Students entering Kindergarten & all students new to the district - Dental and Physical Exam
- Students entering Grades 3 & 7--Dental Exam
- Dental Examination Form
- Students entering Grade 6 & 11-- Physical Exam
- Medical Examination Form
The exams must be completed after 9/1/2020. The completed health forms are due to the health office no later than October 15, 2021. You can upload your completed exam forms to your child’s parent portal. Please keep a copy of the health form for your records.
A Medication dispensing form is required for ANY medication taken at school. You can find the form on Doyle’s Health Office Page under FORMS.
MEDICAL CONDITIONS AND ACTION PLANS
If your child has any health conditions such as food allergies, asthma, migraine headaches, seizure disorder or cardiac condition that requires emergency medication at school, please get an action plan and doctors order from your physician and send in PRIOR to the first day of school.
Resources & Quick Links for Families
Doyle Elementary School Information
Doyle is an "A" School
- Arrival begins at 8:15 AM
- Student Day Begins at 8:35 AM
- Student Day Ends at 3:15 PM
- Dismissal Ends at 3:35 PM
- For early dismissal days- dismissal begins at 11:55 AM
- For 2 hour delay days- arrival begins at 10:15 and the student day begins at 10:35
- Morning Kindergarten begins at 8:35 AM (arrival begins at 8:15 AM) and ends at 11:10 AM
- Afternoon Kindergarten begins at 12:40 PM and ends at 3:15 PM
- A few years ago, we implemented a “modified kindergarten” schedule on weather delay days. The schedule will be as follows for Doyle:
- AM Students 10:35 AM – 12:20 PM and PM Students 1:30 PM – 3:15 PM
Cub Scout Pack 24 is welcoming boys and girls from kindergarten through 5th grade from Doyle Elementary and surrounding regions and schools. We accept kids year round but now is the best time to sign up!
We plan to have our First Pack Meeting of the year on Friday, October 1 and launch some model rockets that the kids build themselves. Sign up at https://forms.gle/eDoccWN36vRScBBm6 so that we can send you more details!
If you want to learn more check out our website
Hope to see yall soon!