Foods of Europe
western, northern and southern
- Western Europe has long and sophisticated culinary and wet climate for agriculture or farming.
- United Kingdom, Germany, France, Scotland, England, Wales, Ireland, Belgium, Austria
- French cuisine originated from France is called baguette; long, crusty fresh baked bread
- Germany originated food called sauerbraten; beef roasted marinated in vinegar with cloves, bay leaves and peppercorns
- Foods tend to be filling or heavy but creative and unique, it extends into the arctic circle.
- Scandinavia, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, and Iceland
- A famous Swedish dish from Sweden named Smorgasbord, a buffet laden with cured fish, cold meats, cheeses, salads and vegetables.
- Lutefisk from Norway is a dry cod soaked in culinary ash and water
- Kottbullar are Swedish meatballs are spiced with nutmeg and served in sour cream gravy
Europes cooking are unique, different even in other regions!
Meditteranean (Southern Europe)
- Cooking in southern Europe have much lighter more nutritional meals and dishes than the other regions of Europe
- Spain, Italy, Portugal,Greece
- A Spanish famous meal;Marzipan is confection made of almond paste and sugar
- Spanish national dish called paella is rice seasoned with saffron and mixed with a puree of onions
- Biscotti are delicious twice baked cookies for coffee^
By Tyah Hudson