Bobcats Paw "Prints"
Week of May 9, 2016
We had a great turn out to Walk and Roll, even though the weather wasn't the best!
Our RBMES Locks for Love participants!
Thank you to everyone who helped make Food Lion math night a success!
- Please be very mindful of the days you are requesting off through the end of the year. Our staff absence rate is well above the county average and it is becoming very difficult to secure subs, especially on Fridays.
- Please make sure that you follow the new process for timekeeper exceptions. There is a log in the treasurer’s office box (on her door) to fill out for each exception. Please do not continue to send exceptions through email. Please see Katie with any questions.
- If you are willing to help with the EOG video please fill out the information using this link.
- Susanne has placed a sheet in the media center to sign up for your class book fair walkthrough. Make sure you stop by and sign up if you haven't already.
- Alice in Wonderland will be performed for our staff and students this Thursday 5/12 at 2:00 in the gym. If you would like for your class to see the performance please be seated and in the gym by 1:50. The evening performance is also on Thursday at 6:30.
- The last day for students to check out items from the media center will be this Thursday, 5/12.
- We will be having an EOG peprally on 5/23 at 2:30 in the gym. K-2 classes will cheer on our 3-5 students as they get ready to take their EOG's. We will also have some visitors from CHS join us for the occasion.
- Our end of the year awards assembly will be on Wednesday, 6/8. K-2 will be from 8:30-9:15 and 3-5 will be from 10:00-10:45. I will be sending out grade level specific information this week.
- At the end of the school year each school has to submit any service learning hours that occurred during the school year. This could be something that was done school wide, as a class or even individual. If you have any students or one of your classes that has hours to enter please use this link to submit the information. We will be collecting this information through June 8. Please see Jenny Byrd or me if you have any questions.
End of Year PDP & Summative Evaluations
Beth and I will be conducting your end of year summative evaluations together, since we are both new. We will be scheduling them over the next few weeks. Below are the steps to complete your end of year PDP. Please have this completed before we meet for your summative. We will sign off on it at that time.
- login to NCEES
- click on the "my evaluation" tab at the top
- click on "my professional development plan"
- click on "PDP end of the year review"
- click on "PDP details end of the year review"
- click "new" at the top next to end of the year review
- type evidence and comments for each goal in the text box
- click save & exit at the bottom of the screen
- optional: click on "new" to additional teacher comments or "new" to additional strategies
- at the top of the screen click the drop down box that says "send email" and choose "mark complete"
- you should have a green checkmark next to the end of year PDP details that appears on the next screen
- click on "PDP teacher signature end of the year review" and scroll down to the bottom
- click "acknowledge" at the bottom of the screen
- you should have a green checkmark next to PDP teacher signature end of the year review
Mark Your Calendar
- 5/10- Canvas PD after school in the media center
- 5/12- Last day for students to check out items from the media center; Alice in Wonderland performance @ 6:30
- 5/17- EOG testing training after school in the media center; Book fair walkthrough for teachers
- 5/18-5/24- Spring book fair
- 5/19- Premier Jewelry fundraiser 4:30-6:00; Spring musical @ 6:30
- 5/23- EOG peprally @ 2:30; Extended book fair hours 4:00-6:00; Meet the author night where students will share their published books 6:15-7:30
- 5/24- SIT meeting after school in the media center
- 5/25- 3rd/5th grade readingEOG; 4th grade math EOG
- 5/26- 3rd/5th grade math EOG; 4th grade reading EOG
- 5/31- Baby shower for Megan Carpenter after school in the media center
- 6/1- 3rd grade Read to Achieve assessment; 5th grade science EOG
- 6/2- Field day (K-2 8:45-10:45; 3-5 11:45-1:45); Library summer reading information presentations during the time you are not at field day *Time specific schedules coming soon!
- 6/3- Grades due to Tess; Field day rain date; 4th quarter PBIS celebration
- 6/6- Michael Eury local author assembly @ 1:45 in the gym
- 6/7- 5th grade graduation @ 6:00
- 6/8- Last day of school with students; Early release day; K-2 awards 8:30-9:15, 3-5 awards 10:00-10:45; Staff luncheon provided by PTO following dismissal
- 6/9-6/10- Teacher workdays