December 8, 2021
What to Expect...
Teachers have posted calendars for the remaining two weeks outlining what you can expect. Calendars can be found at the link below.
The bell schedule for the week of December 13 can be found at the link below.
10th Grade Class Meeting Today!
This week we will hold class meetings during advisement for:
- 10th Grade - Wednesday, December 8
- 11th Grade - Thursday, December 9
- 12th Grade - Monday, December 13
Students can join with their B2 teachers or join using the Class Join Codes below.
12th - dz7ogyf
11th - t02idi3
10th - 0us6k7q
9th - n16is9w
We have created Teams for each class - join today! Through these Teams, we will post information for each class and hold monthly Class Meetings.
ACT at Cambridge
Fulton County Schools is excited to offer students in 11th grade an opportunity to take the ACT during the regular school day on March 8, 2022, at no cost to the student or their families. If you are interested in signing up for the March 8 ACT, please complete the registration below no later than Wednesday, January 5 at 11:59 pm.
Personal Fitness Waiver
- GHSA option: Student-athletes who complete two verified sub-varsity (9th or JV) seasons or one Varsity season of a GHSA sport verified by Coach and Athletic Director
- Marching Band option: Complete a Marching Band season verified by the Band Director.
For more information on the qualifications and how to apply, see the CHS Personal Fitness Exemption page on www.cambridgehs.org.
This form went live on December 6, 2021, and will close at 11:45 pm on December 17, 2021. If you have already completed a form at the end of previous semesters and were approved, you do not need to apply again.
Juniors and Seniors
You are invited to attend a Lunch & Learn with Staff Sergeant Dalrymple to discover options with the Army after graduation. Come grab some lunch and chat with the SSG during all lunch periods on Friday, December 10, in the room at the back corner of the cafeteria. RSVP to Mrs. Thimsen in the Counseling Office in person or via email at email@example.com. The number of attendees is limited, so sign up TODAY!
Seniors! December 17 Deadline
If you have not ordered your Graduation Package, please order it before the deadline of December 17, 2021. The senior Graduation Package includes:
- Cambridge custom graduation gown
- Stole with the Cambridge crest insignia
- Cap and 2022 tassel
- Diploma and diploma cover
- Graduation ceremony and rehearsal venue
- The price of the package is $135.
Our goal is that all senior families order their Graduation Package before the end of the semester, December 17, 2021. Meeting this deadline will allow 3rd Ascent time to ensure all caps and gowns arrive on time. During this time of shipping delays and difficulty in getting materials, it is important that we ensure all orders have been placed by this deadline.
Please know that families in need can reach out to their Guidance Counselor, or our Social Worker, for assistance. If you need help, we ask that you reach out to them today.
Course Corrections - 2nd Semester
Student schedule corrections will be accepted for the second semester beginning Tuesday, January 4, 2022, until 4:00 pm, Friday, January 7, 2022. Forms will only be accepted in the Counseling Office during this timeframe. Submitting a request does not guarantee approval. Students must continue to attend and complete all work for their current courses until confirmation of a schedule correction or communication regarding the request is received. Other classes may be changed as a result of the request. Once changed, the schedule will not be changed back.
Corrections will only be made for the following reason(s):
- A student is scheduled for a class that the student has already earned credit
- A student has two of the same class on his/her schedule
- A student has met the prerequisite for a course
- A student is missing a course required for graduation
- The student did not request the assigned elective course on his/her schedule
- A student is missing a lunch period or class period
- A student would like to level down (i.e., AP World History to World History)
Hard copy forms with both parent/guardian and student signatures are required.
B2 (Advisement) Changes
The following opportunities for support are now available during advisement time.
What can B² support be used for?
- Extended time on tests/quizzes
- Makeup of work
- Meet to discuss how to get on track
Career Testing Available in January
For more information, please contact Ms. Samiah Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Discover Carnegie Mellon's Pre-College Summer Programs!Sign up to attend the upcoming virtual information sessions! Learn what makes Carnegie Mellon University’s programs unique and ask questions of the Program Directors. Students can explore the offerings by registering for Pre-College Programs.
Media Center - De-Stress December
Lunch passes are back in the Media Center! Please come before school to pick up your pass for lunch. Lunch passes are required to go to the Media Center during lunch.
- Fun activities planned every day in December to help you De-Stress from the end-of-semester craziness!
- Give back to the community by donating gently used books
- Be sure to take a book (or up to six) home for the holidays!
Cambridge Tennis Tryouts
Cambridge Tennis 2022 Tryouts:
4:00pm – 6:00pm (weather and daylight permitting)
Girls: Wednesday, January 5 – Friday, January 7
Boys: Tuesday, January 11 – Thursday, January 13
Tryouts are for coaches and athletes only.
Athletes must have all forms in Dragonfly completed and a current physical prior to attending tryouts.
List of required forms
if you or someone you know is in crisis, please call the Georgia Crisis and Access Line at 1-800-715-4225, call 911.
#BeThe Bridge - Teacher and Staff Recognition
#BeTheBridge with GENEROUS praise to a teacher or staff member who has made a difference in your life. Complete the form below, and we will RESPECTFULLY recognize their hard work and support!