C.C.F.C. Golden Eagle Weekly
Columbia Community Fitness Center
December 30, 2019: Volume 1, Issue 6
Welcome to our new Columbia Community Fitness Center newsletter where you can find information about schedules, staff, contests, special events and a whole lot more. We will have a paper copy of our newsletter available for those of you not electronically inclined. Also, if we have your email address, we will be sending email copies of our newsletter as well.
Calendar of Events:
- December 31 - New Year's Eve - Fitness Center closes @ 5 pm
- January 1, 2020 - New Year's Day - Fitness Center Closed
- January 4, 2020- No strength training class due to Columbia B-ball tournament
- January 4-5, 2020 Columbia Bball Tournament
- January 17, 2020 - Elementary School Carnival @ CUES, 5:30 pm
Fitness Center Events/Promos
Tomorrow is the last day to take advantage of the reduced price. We are running a Special in DECEMBER ONLY that you can buy unlimited classes for only $25. This special is only good for those that have Silver Sneakers. This price will change in January.
In January, there will be a new rate and fee price sheet. It is cleaner and isn't as confusing. Prices will not change, we are just adding unlimited classes for Silver Sneakers members.
We will be starting new classes in January. On Tuesdays ( 7:45-8:15 am ) we will be adding a Boot Camp class with Nicki and on Tuesdays from 9:45-10:30 am we are bringing back our Gentle Yoga class with Susan. We also will be adding a Saturday morning class, it is Silver Sneakers Move and it will be from 10-10:45 am. Silver Sneakers Move will not begin until January 11th.
Classes that will be cancelled during Holiday break include ( December 31st and January 1st):
Lindsey's Monday 5:30-6:15 pm Spin and Stretch
Rosa's Wednesday 5:30-6:30 pm STRONG
Nancy's Wednesday 5:30-6:15 pm Stretch Yoga
Christ's Friday 5:30-6:30 am Spinning
Meet the Instructors
Meet the Staff :
She teaches Fit Spin on Mondays from 8:00- 8:50 am. She has been an instructor for 15 years. Her Fitness Motto is, " Quality is always top priority over quantity, proper form is a must and listening to your body".
What she wants others to know is that she started teaching body pump/strength training 15 years ago and she also subs for step and fit fusion.
Come in and join Mary Monday morning's for her Fit Spin class. You will leave feeling energized and ready for the day.
We want to thank K105.3 ( J-Rod and Karla ) , Kathy, Rosa, Susan for instructing the awesome 15 minutes demos classes, Bow and Creations, Healthy Vibe, Scentsy, Holistic health and happiness, Spirit Trail , Color Street, Avon, Young oils and Zyia Active athletic wear for helping to make the Health Fair a hit. I want to thank the volunteers ( Iris, Pinky, and Paula ) that helped set-up and tear down, the little Open House elves ( Maisey and Austin) that helped with the Kids Zone and to the Friends that encouraged and helped along the way. We could not have had a huge success without you. So thank you from the bottom of our heart's.
Here are our winner from the Open House drawing:
1. Madison Grifta Schultz
2. Beth Westin
3. Lindsey Schiel
4. Patti Bihn
5. Carolie Staggemeir
6. Aris Rychener
Grand Prize Winners:
1. Linda Douglas
2. Sherri Burns
You can come and pick those prizes up anytime this week Monday 5:30am - 12 and 2:30- 8 pm, Tuesday 5:30 am - 12 and 2:30- 5 pm , Thursday 5:30 am - 12 and 2:30-8 pm, Friday 5:30-12pm and 2:30 -5 pm and Saturday 8- 12 pm.
Some ideas for Fitness Resolutions.
- Train for a 5k race. There are many local races that you can participate in. There is the Groundhog Gallop coming up in Jackson that you can train for. If you need a push in the right direction you can start by googling different training schedules for your level of fitness.
- Time yourself holding a plank- Planks are very good for your core. Try to work up to holding your plank to 5 minutes. Don't forget to have good form- butt down, arms shoulder width apart, and head relaxed. You can even start by going on your knees and working your way up so the only thing touching is the balls of your feet and your elbows.
- Drinking more water is also a very good resolution. The body needs water to flush out toxins, moisturize your skin and to help you lose weight.
- Take a walk a day. Walking is beneficial too. Grab your family every night for a family walk, take your family pet for a walk every morning. Whatever you decide remember every bit counts.
- Eat more Fruit- When you start to get those sugar craving instead of reaching for chocolate, reach for some fruit in the refrigerator first. Fruit has natural sugars that help with those type of cravings.
- Add a Fitness Class to the mix of things. We offer several different classes here at the Columbia Community Fitness Center for every fitness level. Try something new, get out of your comfort zone and have fun!
- Plan to get more sleep- Sleep can help with your energy levels and immunity to certain bugs that go around.
These are just a few ideas that you can include when planning your New Year's Resolution. We hope you have a safe and happy New Years celebration.
Quote of the week:
Monday-Thursday: 5:30 am -12pm and 2:30-8 pm
Friday: 5:30 am - 12 pm and 2:30-5 pm
Saturday: 8am - 12 pm
Fitness Director: Courtney Toteff