Ebinport Elementary: Eagle Eye News
August 5, 2019
Ebinport's Vision Statement
Information for the Upcoming School Year
Happy August! The 2019-20 school year is quickly approaching and we are excited to soon welcome Ebinport students back to school. The school year will begin on August 19th and you will find information below to help you prepare for the big day.
Checklist for Starting School
1. Read, read, read. That's the best way to be ready to start school.
2. Complete your online registration. (Information is below.)
3. Bring proof of residence to the school on August 6 or 8 from 9-7 or August 13 from 9-3. (Grades 1-5 only should complete this step. Students will receive their teacher assignment at this point.)
3. Complete the Mobile Computing Guide Parent Orientation and forms to secure a device for third through twelfth graders. Parents need to do three things: View the orientation video, Review the Mobile Computing Guide and Use of Internet/Student Assurance, and Complete the Technology Protection Plan form. (There is a $35 Device Protection Payment that can be paid at Open House in the Media Center. Ms. Sawczuk and Ms. Beard will collect these.)
4. Plan for after school care if needed. (Information about our Challenger After School Program is below.)
5. Purchase school supplies. (List is below. Let us know if you need any assistance with securing them.)
6. Complete Lunch Application if needed. Link is below.
7. Contact Transportation at 980-2022 if you need your child to ride a bus in the morning or afternoon.
8. Sign up for the District App and under Settings, you can select Ebinport Elementary. This is your best way to receive up to date notifications from the district. You can also select social media choices.
9. Attend Open House on Thursday, August 15 from 5:30-7:30 PM. Come meet your child's teacher, ask questions and tour the school. We will have representatives from Food Service, Challenger, Transportation, Nursing, PTO and Technology available to help answer questions.
Link to mobile computing guide: https://rockhill.instructure.com/courses/1082
Online Registration for Students
The convenient, online process will allow parents to update information from the comfort of their home before attending orientation sessions at their child’s school. The district is pleased to offer this service to its families as a way to speed up the registration process.
By completing the registration in advance, parents and guardians will be able to quickly move through the orientation and course/class schedule pickup dates to be held later at each school.
Online Registration Help webpage: https://www.rock-hill.k12.sc.us/Page/7818
Steps for registration:
1. Register online as either a new or returning student by following the appropriate link on our homepage https://www.rock-hill.k12.sc.us/default.aspx?PageID=1
2. Take any needed documents to the school your student will attend, such as proof of residency documentation.
NOTE: Please make sure to register before taking documentation to the school. August 6 or 8 from 9-7 or August 13 from 9-3. (Grades 1-5 only should complete this step. Students will receive their teacher assignment at this point.)
Parents/guardians will need to provide proof of residency documentation to their child’s school. Accepted documents include: Electric Bill, Gas Bill, or Rental or Lease Agreement.
If parents/families need help getting school supplies, please contact our school counselor, Sonni Parks, at email@example.com
Features available in the app include School and District News, Staff Contact Information, Social Media Feeds, School Finder, School Breakfast and Lunch Menus, Peachjar E-Flyers, and Access to the Canvas learning management system.