Mekenna Aguilar 7th
All About Einsatzgruppen
"Einsatzgruppen (killing Units)." United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. Web. 27 Jan. 2016. <United States Holocaust Memorial Museum>.
Some additional facts can be found below.
- The Einsatzgruppen soldiers thought they were "cleansing the streets" when they were killing the Jews, not just taking innocent lives.
- The first invasion they went on was in Czechoslovakia after May 1939.
- A lot of times the Einsatzgruppen men made the already scared victims stand on dead bodies before they were killed.
- Some killers had a hard time killing all the people, so the unit leaders would give out extra alcohol as rewards for good behavior.
- Historians have given credit to the Einsatzgruppen units for killing over one million people in two years.
- Their killings had such a big role in the Holocaust the Nuremberg war crimes tribunal wrote a separate "Einsatzgruppen Trial" in 1947 to 1948.
"The SS Einsatzgruppen." The Einsatzgruppen. 1995. Web. 04 Feb. 2016. <http://www.datasync.com/~davidg59/einsatz.html>.
"The Einsatzgruppen." The Holocaust. 19 July 2012. Web. 04 Feb. 2016. <http://alphahistory.com/holocaust/einsatzgruppen/>.
Lewis, Ken. "The Einsatzgruppen." The Einsatzgruppen. N.p., 17 Apr. 1998. Web. 04 Feb. 2016. <http://www.phdn.org/archives/einsatzgruppenarchives.com/>.