Grace Center Foundation Chapels
Marcie Erickson, the founder of the Grace Center Foundation in Ethiopia, spoke to both our elementary and middle school students at chapels last month.
- The foundation shares the love and healing power of Jesus while ministering to mothers and orphans in Ethiopia giving them housing, food, medical care, onsite childcare and job training so they can be self-sufficient.
- After the very special chapels, offering containers were distributed for the students to save change in to help purchase much needed formula for the babies.
- We also want to thank Mrs. Bray for her help with Grace Center Foundation mission.
- If you would like more information about the ministry, you may visit their website www.gracecenterfoundation.org.
5th Grade Farmers' Market
The Fifth Grade had a great success with their recent Farmers' Market, selling organically grown herbs and flowers from their school garden.
- Bags of fresh herbs such as rosemary, parsley, cilantro, thyme, dill, lavender, aloe and sage were on sale.
- They were able to earn over seventy-two dollars.
- We give a special thanks to the fifth grade mission coordinator, Mrs. Walker, for overseeing the market and to Mrs. Michelle Speece for her help and donation of aloe plants and fresh herbs from her own garden.
8th Grade Mission Trip
Twelve students and ten adults representing NCA travelled to Costa Rica to partner with a local Naples ministry, Ride Nature, to serve the Casa Vida Church in Matapalo.
- They painted fences, helped with the initial construction of a kitchen and bathroom facility, and conducted VBS outreaches with local children using crafts, puppetry, and skits.
- Several of them shared their personal testimonies in church services and also ministered to the congregation with songs and skits.
- They also visited some of the local sites and enjoyed surfing in the ocean.
- If you would like to enjoy the daily blog of their mission trip and see how God used their gifts, you can access it at www.nca-costarica2016.blogspot.com.
MAF Coffee April 1st
The last third grade MAF Fellowship Coffee of this school year will be held in front of the school on Friday, April 1st, from 7:45-8:30am.
- Juice, milk or coffee and a donut can be purchased for $3, with all proceeds going to support our two MAF missionaries.
- We have raised almost eight hundred dollars so far this year for them.
Our MAF missionaries serve the Lord in Papua, New Guinea and Mozambique, Africa.
Laces of Love
We are very thankful for the donations of new sneakers for the preschool mission project benefitting Laces of Love, which blesses local needy children with new sneakers. This is an ongoing mission project, so you may continue to donate new sneakers in children’s sizes into the red bin in the preschool wing!
An Overview of Our Missions by Grade:
- PK- Laces of Love
- Kindergarten- Grace Center Foundation in Ethiopia
- Grade 1- Alliance Stamp Ministry at Shell Point
- Grade 2- Ronald McDonald House
- Grade 3- Mission Aviation Fellowship
- Grade 4- Feed My Starving Children
- Grade 5- NCA Mission Garden
- Grade 6- Salvation Army
- Grade 7- Operation Christmas Child
- Grade 8- Ride Nature and Redlands Christian Migrant Association