Passionate. Determined. Inspired.
I encourage kids to wonder, dream, imagine, think, compete, create, excel, show kindness, debate, question, and love. I am a teacher: molder of minds and world changer.
Physical Education EC-12
Qualifications / Professional Affiliations
- Gifted and Talented Certifed
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certified
- CDL Certified
- Trained in FITNESSGRAM administration
- Texas Girls Coaches Association member
- Technology Implementation: iPads/Chromebooks, Google Apps, class website
- Academic Trainings attended: TCU Pre-AP Summer Institute, Fundamental Five, Teach Like a Pirate, Lead4ward
- Athletic Trainings attended: Art of Coaching Volleyball, Texas Girls Coaches Association
Classroom and Court Connections
What does Ms. Herrington use in her classroom?
- Ms. Herrington's Website - Google website created for parents, students and district personnel. My website contains a class calendar, lesson plans, homework assignments, important links, class photos, extra credit information, etc.
- Google Apps for Education: Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms
- Student-friendly, online resources such as Socrative, Quizlet, and Kahoot
- Remind 101 notifications (Quick and convenient way to communicate with students and parents and keep them up-to-date on what is happening in the classroom)
How does Coach Herrington communicate with her athletes and parents?
- Volleyball/Off-Season Webpage with contact information, season schedules, team photos, and links to district webpages
- Remind 101 notifications