What I learned in 2016.
I learned what checks are and how to fill them out.
1. Name and Address: Helps to identify your account.
2. Check Number: Each check is assigned a number in sequential order.
3. Bank Name: Name of the bank that the check writer belongs to.
4. Routing Number: 9 digit number that identifies your bank.
5. Account Number: Assigned to you by your bank to identify your account.
6. Date: The day that you write or sign the check.
7. Payee: The business/person who receives the check.
8. Written Amount: The value of your check written in numbers.
9. Legal Amount: The value of your check written in words.
10. Memo: A short note reminding the writer why they wrote the check.
11. Signature: The check is not valid until it is signed.
Checks are very useful for donating and for paying other people. This is what I would do in the future with checks.
1. Your custom account number is already printed on the slip.
2. You must fill out the date and your name.
3. You must fill out the deposit boxes.
3. If you want cash back, you have to sign the slip.