Adams Family newsletter
December 12 - December 16
From the Principal's Desk
Our Adams PAC has two events this week for families. First, Tuesday is our monthly PAC mtg at 6:30. All families are welcome and there is child care. Second, our PAC is sponsoring a Winter Family Fun event on Thursday beginning at 6:30. This event is open to all families. We hope to see you all there!
Adams Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
Items from our PAC
- 12/13 (Tues)-- Parent Advisory Council meeting: Being involved with the Parent Advisory Council is a wonderful way to connect with other families, meet teachers and staff, learn about our school and have fun! This month we'll share what has been happening, what is coming up, and do a holiday treat exchange! Feel free to bring something to share. You can join virtually, if you like with this link (meet.google.com/uyk-otey-hra). There are fun activities for the kids while you attend the grown-up meeting, so bring your little people with you!
- 12/15 (Thurs) -- Winter Family Fun Night 6:30-8 p.m.: Come one, come all! We'll have activities, a coloring contest, bingo, and food, too.
- 12/19 (Mon) -- Restaurant Night: Acapulco 11 a.m.- 10 p.m.: An Adams staff FAVORITE place to grab dinner! So, join us at 9360 Baltimore St NE #160, Blaine for all your favorite Mexican meals; chips and salsa are on the house. Just don't forget to mention that you are from Adams because a portion of the sales gets donated to programming at our school.
- 12/29 (Thurs) --All-School Skate 1-2 p.m. @Coon Rapids Ice Arena Lace up those ice skates and join us at the CRIC for an hour of free skating; skates are available to rent for $3 and all are welcome to join us. We've rented the whole place just for us, so come on out to see your Adams friends while on break!
- Birthday grams: Back by POPULAR DEMAND! Parent Advisory Council will deliver treats to students and staff throughout the year to celebrate students or staff! Cost: $5 You can order or donate a birthday gram here. (https://my.cheddarup.com/c/2022-23-birthday-grams?cart=94ace1c1-1f50-4cb4-9ac3-298fee1f5acf%21%2142034918)
From our volunteer service coordinator (VSC)
Our extraordinary volunteers have been busy! We have been sending MANY projects home for cutting or tracing, so thank you to everyone involved! It's a huge help to the staff at Adams. And our K-Skillbuilder program is up and running. Thank you to the volunteers who have been working with our youngest learners! Small things can indeed make a big impact.
Kindness Poster Display: Earlier this year, students had the opportunity to create posters illustrating "there is power in kindness." We'd love to hang a selection around the school each month to show off their beautiful artwork. This would probably take about 45 minutes to complete, once a month. Sign up here to help.
Character Strong - Empathy
From our School Social Worker
Cold Weather Rule: It’s Cold Weather Rule Time again (CWR)! CWR runs from October 1st to April 30th every year and provides protections to eligible utility customers from having electricity/natural gas shut off during this time. Customers may need to request protection and commit to a payment plan.
Attached, please find Cold Weather Rule FAQS. Additional Flyers in multiple languages can be found here, if useful.
Many Energy Provider’s Websites contain Cold Weather Rule information, you may click on each provider below for more information/ application to apply for protection.
For information about Energy Assistance Programs for (2022-2023) in Anoka County, including income guidelines and applications, please visit the ACCAP site- The Energy Assistance Program began October 1st and ends May 31st, 2023:https://accap.org/energy-assistance/. Links for additional utility assistance programs, including The Salvation Army’s Heatshare, can be found here as well.
- Please note: Some programs may require a denial for local county assistance, etc. to quality. Please check each site to see what program requirements are.
- Further information on Anoka County Emergency Assistance programs that may assist prevent utility shut offs for eligible households: https://www.anokacountymn.gov/199/Emergency-Programs
Adams Redhawks are Kind, Safe, Respectful and Responsible
This e-newsletter is published by Adams Elementary School. Questions, comments or concerns about the school e-newsletter? Contact us.