A Newsletter for Rosewood Elementary International School
Weeks of November 16th and 23rd, 2015
Reminder: International Mindedness Survey
We need all parents to please complete this survey link as part of a study into International Mindedness at our school. This study is led by the University of Bath and is funded by the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO).
The research team would be very grateful if you could complete the survey before it closes on Friday, December 4th.
If you have more than one child studying the PYP, please answer the questions in relation to your eldest child. The survey should take 10-15 minutes to complete. Your answers will be kept anonymous and a summary of the findings will be sent to us at school.
Dough-NOT Miss Out on Krispy Kreme !
The 5th grade will be selling Krispy Kreme doughnuts and coffee for parents in the morning on Thursday November 19th
Doughnuts will be on sale in the Front and Back Car Rider lines - after student drop off - for parents to pick up as "to go" items. Maybe a treat for your friends at work?
All of the money raised from this fundraiser goes to help students attend our end-of-the-year field trip to Atlanta! Thank you for all your support!
Annual Thanksgiving Lunch at Rosewood
FRIDAY - November 20th -
Adult meals are $3.25
Children’s meals are $2
(cash only - please bring exact change)
Grade level lunch times:
**** We will do our best to keep things moving, but this day is typically a long line for lunch****
Due to the large number of visitors, we will have multiple check in lines available. All adult visitors must have an ID for this event. Please communicate with your children's teachers in advance if you need children from different grade levels to eat together as a family. Without your ID, you will not be able to access the building. Thank you for helping us keep our children safe.
PARENTS NEEDED !
"Many hands make light work."
We need each Rosewood family to pick ONE committee and assist with the work for that group. If each of us helps, the work will be easier and the result will be EXTRAORDINARY because we know you have great ideas or talents just waiting to be tapped.
Below are the committees in need of parents - get ready.....a sign up sheet is coming your way soon - so start thinking about how YOU can make a difference.
1. FUN RUN - we need help organizing prizes, contacting/securing sponsors, ordering T-shirts for students, collections during the event, getting set up for the day, and recruiting other parents to volunteer on the day of the event, etc. The Fun Run date is April 1st - but we need sponsors and organization to begin now.
2. Teacher Appreciation Week - we need additional help planning and organizing. The actual date is in May.
3. Burgers and Books - a new event for Rosewood this year. We need help organizing and planning the collection of gently used books, displaying them, setting up for the FREE family meal (burgers), and clean up after students shop for books. (This will be a totally free event for our families and a time of fun together) Date: late April
4. Field Day - we need parents to help with planning and set up of activities and events. Date: mid-May
5. Christmas Lunch for Faculty - we need parent volunteers to help supervise students during lunch and to help serve faculty members during this special annual luncheon.
6. Walking Wednesdays - we need parents to volunteer to come walk with students from 7:15 - 7:45 on Wednesdays. This provides additional supervision and safety.
7. Girls on the Run and Let Me Run - we have faculty coaches for the girls and boys running programs...but we need parents to volunteer to help as well. You don't need to be a runner, just help during the training sessions.
8. Light It Up Blue - Autism Awareness Month: we need parents to help with ideas to make this a fun month of awareness for our students and families.
This is a great example of "thinking global, acting local"
We are proud of our Student Council for leading this effort. Please use the #Rosewood2Rosewood hashtag on social media if you have any nice photos to support the cause.
If you purchase your yearbook by November 30th, you can get an additional 5% off. See link for details.
" To become the most EXTRAORDINARY public International Baccalaureate school in the country".
We invite you to take part in a video we will be creating to show what the vision looks like through the eyes of teachers, parents, students and the community. Please use the following hashtags on social media. We will use this platform to compile photos and videos about Rosewood working towards this vision.
Together we can visualize the things we are doing to make a difference and stay motivated to work towards making our vision a reality. Having the perspective of all members of our school community will make the video much more meaningful.