Dec. 6 - Dec. 12
Campus Activities Board Calendar of events
December 9: Stress Less Coloring Day & Melt Down
Join CAB and other Student Orgs for Melt Down! Take some time to plan for your Melt Down before Finals!
Location: Cook Hall Gym from 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Check out how Meltdown works!
Have your Meltdown before finals
Stress Less Week 12/2 - 12/9
STRESS LESS WEEK Autumn 2015 -- December 2 - December 9 ------- STARTING:
Wednesday, Dec. 2nd, 10am
Ohio State Lima
- 12/7 LCCS: LMH Therapy Dogs, Campus Wide
- 12/8 LCCS: Make-Your-Own Stress Balls, Time 11-1, Location: GA Commons
- 12/9 LCCS: Nerf Gun Target Practice, Time: 11-1, Location Cook Hall Gym
- 12/9 CAB: Meltdown, Time: 11-3, Location: Cook Hall Gym
- 12/9 CAB: Color Me Calm Station, Time: 11 - 3, Location Cook Hall Lobby
Student Organizations Updates
Social Work Club (SWK) has two events scheduled!
Cover the Quad Blanket Drive
The Social Work Club will be collecting new and gently used blankets to be distributed to the homeless and those in need. The collection drive will close on January 28, 2016 with the volunteers creating a human quilt to “cover the quad” will all blankets collected.
Winter Hats, Gloves and Scarves Drive
The Social Work Club will be collecting new or gently used winter hats, gloves, and scarves for children and adults in need. Place your donation on the holiday tree located in the lobby of Galvin Hal beginning Tuesday, November 10 - December 10.
Animal Welfare Club launches two fundraising projects!
The OSU at Lima Animal Welfare Club is hosting:
1. Candy bar sales for the well know Allen County rescue organization- DebsDogs (a 501 c3 – that rescues dogs and some cats- from the Allen County Dog Warden)
Candy bars will be sold for $1, all proceeds to go to Deb’s Dogs. (Hershey, Reese’s, Kit Kat)
2. “Throw Your Change in the Bank Jars” spare change collection for OSU Student—Heather Schnipke-who incurred a $1000 bill for emergency cat surgery.
Location of the candy ($1.00/bar) and “Throw Your Change in the Bank Jars”:
- 428 Galvin
- 3rd floor Galvin Learning Center
- Faculty Lounge Facilities
- SAO office
- 049 Facilities
Bible Club Meeting
Represent the student body on the The Board of The Ohio State University at Lima.
Each year, one student is selected to represent the student body on the The Board of The Ohio State University at Lima. This is your invitation to apply to be that student!
The Board is made up of successful and well-connected community members from our surrounding counties who help lead the strategic planning and mission of our campus. The student representative is called upon to be the student voice of the Board.
I hope you will consider this WONDERFUL opportunity to become engaged in planning Ohio State Lima’s future (and to make some great contacts for your future)!
Details about the appointment and how to apply are listed below. The deadline to apply is February 19!
The student representative serves a one year term, beginning in July. Eligible candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- Must have a minimum of a 3.0 accumulative GPA to be considered, and maintain a minimum of 2.5 accumulative GPA while serving;
- Must have completed 12 semester hours on the Ohio State Lima campus, be currently enrolled for 12 hours, and plan to be a full time student during the year of appointment;
- Should have leadership experience/engagement with campus organizations/student activities; e.g. student clubs, student government, etc.;
- Must be available to attend and participate in meetings of The Board of The Ohio State University at Lima, typically meeting three to four times per academic term on a Thursday at 4:30 pm;
- Must provide a resume’ and three (3) letters of recommendation from faculty and/or staff, at least one of which must be a full-time faculty member, as part of the application procedure. All letters and supporting materials are to be sent directly by the person writing the recommendation to the Secretary of the Board.
Applications for the position of student representative are available in the office of the Dean and Director (PS 208) and on the web here. Completed applications are to be returned to the Dean and Director’s office no later than Friday, February 19, 2016, at 5 p.m. The following procedures will be enacted in the selection of the student representative:
- The Secretary to the Board will collect and review all completed applications, making and distributing copies for the Academic Affairs and Student Life (AA/SL) Committee of the Board. The Committee will review and rank the candidates by March 4, 2016.
- Academic records will be assessed for qualifications by the Office of the Associate Dean.
- The Secretary to the Board will contact and arrange personal interviews with prospective student representatives with the AA/SL. The AA/SL Committee (of select board members, faculty and staff) will determine the top candidate(s) and make a recommendation to the Board for appointment.
- The Board will appoint the student representative at its March 10 meeting.
- The newly appointed student representative will be invited to attend the May 12 Board meeting.
- The Board of The Ohio State University at Lima will submit the name of the newly recommended student representative to The Ohio State University Board of Trustees for final approval.
Questions should be directed to Lori Schleeter, Secretary to the Board of The Ohio State University at Lima, at 208 Public Service Building. Phone: 419-995-8481 or email at email@example.com
Executive Assistant to the Dean and Director
Secretary to the Board of The Ohio State University at Lima
#208 Public Service | 4240 Campus Drive Lima, OH 45804
419-995-8481 Office | 419-995-8483 Fax
The Mobile Produce Market
The Mobile Produce Market will be on campus in front of Galvin Hall.
Schedule for the rest of autumn semester
9:45-10:45 a.m., Fridays
2-3 p.m., Thursdays