Happy Holidays + Happy New Year 🎉
Students, remember that your counselor has a Class Page in your Schoology account. Be sure to check that Class Page as you'll be able to find helpful information, updates and your counselors office hours.
2021/2022 Course Registration
Registration for the 2021-2022 school year will begin in January 2021! Counselors will host virtual presentations for each class to discuss courses for the following year. Students will then schedule individual appointments with their counselor to review teacher placement recommendations, outstanding graduation requirements and discuss class preferences. We encourage families to start discussing classes for next year with their students. Parents and Guardians will be able to review placement recommendations and student selections before registration is finalized on, February 12, through Infinite Campus! Important updates and links will be sent out to students through Schoology/email.
Virtual Presentation Schedule 👩🏽💻
- Class of 2022 Presentation: Period 1 on Jan 25, 2021 - individual appointments Jan 25-29
- Class of 2023 Presentation: Period 2 on Jan 11, 2021 - individual appointments Jan 11-15
- Class of 2024 Presentation: in PE Jan 7/8, 2021 - individual appointments Jan 19-22
The Drop In Center continues to operate virtually and is working with students both individually and in a variety of counseling groups. Our goal is to help students access support when in crisis or through ongoing counseling. We recognize that the pandemic is a collective trauma for the world at large and we want to provide support to students. We also recognize that remote learning is challenging and we support students who are navigating those unique circumstances. Please take a minute to check out the Drop In website where appointments are available within a 2 hour window. Also, you'll find descriptions of groups and supports available thought Drop-In.
In addition, we have created a site entitled DIY Mental Health where students can explore their own moods and resources are linked to reinforce healthy coping strategies.
Career Exploration & Information
SEL Lessons for 9th Graders
Important Dates 🗓
December 14-17 = Last week of Semester 1
December 18 = End of Quarter 2
December 21 = Winter Break Begins
January 5 = First Day of Semester 2 Classes
January 18 = Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day (No School)
February 12 = Last Day to make Course Registration Requests
February 15 = Presidents' Day (No School)
February 16 = Institute Day (No School)
For a full version of the school calendar please click the button below.
Remote Learning 411
Top Ten Tips for Success (from the 2020-2021 HPHS Remote Learning Information Packet)
- Get enough sleep so you can wake up and follow the school day schedule.
- Find an appropriate place to do your work and take video calls.
- Communicate with your teachers. They can only help you if they know what is going on.
- Set reasonable goals for yourself.
- If you need help, reach out and ask.
- Check Schoology often for updates and information.
- Do your best work. Grades matter.
- Check your email and respond in a timely manner.
- Connect with your classmates.
- Charge your chromebook each night.
Video Call Guide Lines 😀
- Can't make the video call? Contact your teacher via email.
- Make sure your wifi is working & that you are connected
- Find a paper & pen/pencil so you can take notes
- Your camera will be on, dress appropriately (follow school guidelines)
- Choose an appropriate setting and background
- Locate link for your video call on Schoology
- Can’t login? Email your teacher ASAP
- Mute your mic, unless it is your turn to speak
- Keep language & conversations school appropriate
- Use chat feature to ask a question
- Know that your teacher might be recording
If you need Tech Support ⚙️🛠
💻 Check Student Tech Resource Page
💻 Email email@example.com
💻 Briefly describe your tech issue
💻 You will be contacted to resolve the issue
If you need Academic Support 📚
📗 Check with classmates
📗 Contact your teacher
📗 Schedule tutoring sessions through TLC
Helpful Links + Resources for Students & Parents
The HPHS Counseling Team + Contact Information
Mr. Pablo Alvarez
Ms. Ariana Busse
Ms. Nicole Ellis
Ms. Holly Fleischer
Mr. Nick Getzendanner
Dr. Aliza Gilbert
Department Co-Chair & Postsecondary Counselor
Ms. Jennifer Ginopolis
Ms. Sujey Gomez
Ms. Kate Kastner
Ms. Brenda Maravilla
Mr. Michael Schumann
Ms. Holly Siegel