Rockin' in Kindergarten
with Mrs. Cunningham
WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 19-23
What are we learning this week?
We have some exciting and fun learning activities coming up! Next week we will begin a literacy unit on the season of Fall. This will be followed by a unit on apples and pumpkins!
**I know many of you would like to volunteer, and I am so appreciative of your willingness to support our classroom! At back to school night, I will review our volunteer website with you so that you can sign up for times/activities that work best for you. Again, I am so thankful for your help!!**
Student Objectives for Reading and Writing:
(These objectives will be modeled and practiced throughout the first semester.)
- I can participate in class by speaking clearly.
- I can participate in class by waiting my turn.
- I can recognize, name, and print upper and lowercase letters.
- I can identify letter sounds.
- I can follow along while my teacher reads.
- I can tell what the author and illustrator does for a book or poem.
- I can ask questions about words I don’t know.
- I can show the front cover, back cover, and title page of a book.
- I can follow the direction of print.
- I can show spaces between words.
- I can use pictures to help me understand what a book says.
- I can recognize some sight words.
- I can write my name.
- I can write some letters of the alphabet.
- I can write words we are using in class – using the teacher’s example as a model.
Words to Know:
Specials for the Week