Message: Think Before You Act Or Suffer The Consequences
- About a quarter of teen moms have a second child within 24 months of their first baby.
- The United States has one of the highest teen pregnancy rates in the western industrialized world.
- In 2008 the teen pregnancy rate among African-American and Hispanic teen girls, age 15 to 19, was over two and a half times higher than the teen pregnancy rate among white teen girls of the same age group
- 8 out of 10 teen dads don’t marry the mother of their child.
- Teens had fewer babies in 2010 than in any year since the mid-1940s.
- Almost 50 percent of teens have never considered how a pregnancy would affect their lives.
- In the United States, there nearly 750,000 teen pregnancies each year, that's about 2000 a day! This means that about 30% of girls get pregnant at least once.