January 8, 2018
Cycle 3 Information
- PBIS Re-engagement
- Conferring (K-2)
- Supporting ideas with evidence using complex text (3-5)
Cycle 3 Theory of Action
If our K-2 classrooms have strong data aligned conferring during Readers Workshop then students will develop the necessary reading behaviors that allow them to read on grade level.
If our 3rd through 5th-grade students engage with grade level complex text and support their ideas with text-based evidence then they will develop the reading skills to read on grade level and master grade level standards.
- F&P assessments should be administered this month. Please let me know if you need any support.
- If you have not done so already, please complete your December PE minutes form.
- Our school oratorical assembly will be next Wednesday, January 17th.
- For student safety, do not leave students unsupervised in your classroom. It only takes a second for something to happen.
- For student safety, please report to yard duty on time. Students are being released when the bell rings and it is important that supervision is available at that time.
- All requests for personal days must be submitted in writing either via email or a B Form at least 3 days advance of any days taken. Please note that personal days taken without prior approval will not be approved.
Updated Prep/Enrichment Schedule
Upper-Grade Yard-Baker Nash
Week at a Glance
- Cost Meeting 11 to 12
- Howard Grocery Give Away 2:30 to 3:30
- Minimum Day
- Hoot and Holler 1 to 1:30
- Howard Professional Learning/Collaboration 1:45 to 4
- Williams Off Site-Principal Professional Learning
- Fire Drill 10:20 am