Pella Middle School
News from October, 2020
- 11/4 - 90 Minute Early Dismissal for PD
- 11/9 - 3:30-7:00 Parent Teacher Conferences
- School Board Meeting at 4:30
- 11/11 - 90 Minute Early Dismissal for PD
- 11/16 - SIAC Meeting from 6:30-8:00
- 11/16 - 11/19 Book Fair at Pella Middle School in the Fishbowl
- 11/18 - 90 Minute Early Dismissal for PD
- 11/20 - Meals From the Heartland - 7th grade packs meals during Social Studies
- 11/23 - School Board Meeting at 4:30
- 11/25 - 90 Minute Early Dismissal for Thanksgiving
- 11/26 - Thanksgiving
- 11/27 - No Classes
- 12/2 - 90 Minute Early Dismissal for PD
- 12/9 - 90 Minute Early Dismissal for PD
- 12/14 - School Board Meeting at 4:30
- 12/16 - 90 Minute Early Dismissal for PD
- 12/22 - Semester 1/Quarter 2 End
- 12/22 - 90 Minute Early Dismissal for Winter Break
- 12/23 - 1/1 Winter Break
- 1/4 - Teacher Work Day
- 1/5 - Day 1 Semester 2/Quarter 3
- 1/8 - Quarter 2 Club Day - RESPONSIBILITY
Thank You, Pella Middle School, Students, Staff, and Parents!
Masks are still here, and we have had minimal positive cases at Pella Middle School. Please remind your student to wear their masks at all times in the school building besides lunch, so they can stay in school.
Have a water bottle for school
Let the school nurse know if you or someone in your family is being tested for covid. If being tested, please do not come to school until you have the results!
- Keep an extra mask (or two) in your locker to ensure you have one when you need it.
- Wash them once in a while, or even better, regularly!
- Rotate masks, or grab an extra in order to rotate.
- Review the chart below, so we can continue to limit and reduce the spread.
Virtual Parent Teacher Conferences November 9
If you have not signed up for a conference time for Monday, November 9, please click on the link.
Once you have signed up for a time slot, you will receive an email with a link to join the meeting as well as the option to add it to your personal calendar. Please add the event to your personal calendar, or save the email to access the meeting for your virtual conference.
A big part of being successful is being prepared.
Nobody knows what they’re capable of until they push themselves hard enough to find out.
Students Making A Difference
Students Honor those Serving Our Community within the Pella Police Department.
Tough Times Never Last, Tough People DO!
Quarter 2 Club Day ~ RESPONSIBILITY is our Focus for Quarter 2
Once again, students will reflect on the GREAT Rubric at the end of semester 1/quarter 2, and our focus will be RESPONSIBILITY. Any students with a Developing (2) or less or exceeding the number of missing assignments listed below will get the opportunity to relearn what it takes and how to be responsible.
January 8 - Winter Fun/Club Day:
90 min early dismissal Schedule
0-1 No Responsibility Lesson + Restaurant Coupon
2-4 No Responsibility Lesson
5-9 Two Exec Functioning/Responsibility Lessons
10+ Two Exec Function/Responsibility Lessons and not attend Club Day
Quarter 1 Club Day
Pella Middle School Sports - Masking Expectations
Thank you to everyone for following our safety protocols to this point and for keeping our students safe and our activities moving forward. Starting September 24, masks are required by all spectators upon entering Pella events. You will be required to wear a mask through the gate/doors at all events. Once you are seated, if you are socially distanced (6 feet away from other families), masks may be relaxed. While not everyone will agree with this decision, we know that we can all agree we will do everything possible to allow our students to finish what they started this fall. It is important for our students and families to attend all activities they wish to.
PMS Activities Department
Pray for Nate!
Middle School staff showed their support for 7th grade student, Nathan Van Engen, by wearing their Pray for Nate shirts. Nathan returned to school last week after a successful surgery to treat a rare, aggressive cancer. Staff and students are celebrating Nathan being cancer free!
Students Build Tables for Outdoor Patio
The Counselor Connection
Around Thanksgiving many people tend to focus on things they are grateful for. This inspires young adults to express the emotion of gratitude now and in days ahead. Having an attitude of gratitude can help us navigate tough times and situations which some of us may encounter over the next several months. Let's join together in developing an attitude of gratitude.
The next parent-teacher conferences are scheduled for Monday, November 9th. If you would like to set up a time to meet regarding your student, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a meeting time.
Mrs. Van Wyk
Jourdan Van Wyk, School Counselor