Town Center Elementary Library
Storybook Pumpkin Design Challenge
Storybook Pumpkin Design Challenge!
Town Center Elementary Library is hosting a Storybook Pumpkin Design Challenge for any learner who would like to enter. At home, families can decorate a pumpkin as their favorite book character together and bring the decorated pumpkin to the library on Monday, October 24, 2016 between 7:45-3:00 p.m. The pumpkins will be on display for viewing from Monday, October 24 until Friday, October 28th from 8:00-3:30pm. Winners will be announced on Friday, October 24th during KTEX. Classrooms will have the opportunity to come and tour the wonderful work of our families throughout the week.
2. Pumpkins may NOT be carved. Pumpkins may be painted, drawn or colored with magic markers, paints, etc. but NOT carved. Acrylic paints or permanent markers work best. Watercolors tend to run. Yarn, pipe cleaners, fabric scraps, cardboard, glitter, construction paper, etc. may be used to decorate the pumpkin. Paste or glue may also be used. There are many cute ideas on Pinterest!!
3. Entry should be accompanied by a folded card that will be placed beside the design including the following information:
- Student Name (or Family name for multiple siblings), Grade Level and Section
- Storybook Character Name
- Book Title
4. Designs are due on Monday, October 24 (7:45-3:00pm) Please bring them directly to the library.
5. Pumpkins must be picked up on Friday, October 28th by 3:00pm. Pumpkins not picked up by the above date and time will be discarded. Sorry, absolutely no exceptions. Please plan accordingly.
6. Small prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Community Judges will be voting based on design originality and creativity. The decisions of the judges are final.
Remember this Family Fun event is completely optional! :)
Still Have Questions? Ask Mrs. Berumen!
Library Media Specialist
Town Center Elementary