War Of 1812
War of 1812 (pictures in order)
New York City
Gulf of Mexico
Battle of Thames
Battle of Lake Erie
British Naval Blockade
Battle of Horseshoe Bend
1. How each impacted the United States: Orders in Council, Embargo Act, & Non-Intercourse Act
- Orders in council- blocked the U.S from trading with France.
- Embargo act- Stopped all exports to foreign countries.
- Non-Intercourse act- prohibited trade with Britain and France
2. Explain Tecumseh’s plan for the war in the west.
3. Explain the importance of General Harrison and Battle of Tippecanoe
4.Why did the United States declare war on Great Britain?
Britain had supplied indians with weapons and allowed them to uprise against the US.
5.Explain the Treaty of Ghent and the outcomes.
6. Explain the importance of the Hartford Convention.
Convention to discuss the secession of the Federalists from the union.