Mrs. Ramsey's Class
My name is Madalene Ramsey, and I am absolutely thrilled to be your child’s 3rd grade teacher! I graduated from the University of Georgia and taught at Clarke Middle before coming to Barrow last year. I love the city of Athens and feel very fortunate to have the greatest job in the world at the best school in the world! Here are some other fun facts about me:
- I married my high school best friend, Ben Ramsey, two years ago
- I love the Georgia Bulldogs!
- My favorite restaurant in Athens is Trapeze
- I could spend all day at Target (and spend lots of money)
- I'm a big nerd at heart - I love all things Harry Potter, math and science are my favorite subjects, and 3 years ago my dad and I drove to Florida for the sole purpose of witnessing the final Space Shuttle launch
Our class will spend a lot of time this year developing our skills as readers, writers, mathematicians, scientists, and social scientists. It is my desire to create a safe and positive learning environment that provides each student the opportunity to explore the curriculum in a way that is most meaningful to them.
I am greatly looking forward to getting to know your child and partnering with you in making this year a success! Look for information sent home every Monday in your child’s Monday folder, and make sure it is returned on Tuesday. Any individual communication throughout the year can either be made by student agendas, email, phone call, or text message. You may contact me through any of these means, but please send any dismissal changes with your child in writing. Fill out the Information Page following this letter to indicate your preferred method of contact and to provide me with other important information about you and your child. I will also post electronic updates of the exciting things happening in room 208 via our class Smore page. To receive these updates, please make sure your email is listed on the Information Page.
I am filled with joy when I think of what is to come. We are going to have a wonderful year together!