February 6, 2020
2020 Educator and Educational Support Person of the Year
This year, South Brunswick School District will continue the tradition of honoring our finest through the 2020 Educator and Educational Support People of the Year Recognition Program. This program acknowledges those who have inspired learning and made an impact in the lives of students, colleagues, and the school community with their caring support and unwavering work ethic.
We hope you will consider celebrating one (or more!) of our faculty with a nomination letter. Educators include content/grade-level teachers, special education teachers, specialists, and all ed specialists. Educational Support People include secretaries, custodians, bus drivers and paraprofessionals. Please click on the following link for additional information.
All nominations are due on February 28th by 4:00 p.m.
Recipients will be honored at a Board of Education meeting in April.
Should you have questions, contact Blair Eiseman in the Office of Professional Development
SBHS Project Graduation needs your help..
Start your Valentine's Day celebration early and go out on Thursday February 13, 2020! On that day, when you eat at Green Turtle in North Brunswick, Project Graduation will receive 20% of food sales when you present flyer. Click here for flyer to bring at time of service. The Class of 2020 thanks you in advance for your support!
Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Fundraiser
South Brunswick Parks and Recreation News
South Brunswick Parks and Recreation presents a new KidzArt Winter Session II program starting Saturday, February 15 at the South Brunswick Community Center Art Room from 1:00 p.m. -2:30 p.m. Registration has started. You may register for one class or all 6 classes. All supplies are included. Create a beautiful project at each session. Please click here for more information.
SBPA Upcoming Workshop - Freedom to Fail - Thursday, February 13th
There is still time to register!!! Please click on the following link for information on the South Brunswick Parent Academy's upcoming workshop entitled Freedom to Fail on Thursday, February 13th from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Crossroads North Middle School. Freedom to Fail Information
- Learn about 'failing forward' which can provide a great learning opportunity and an essential step along the path to success: building resilience, creating flexible thinking, and decreasing stress, both academically and in life.
- Discuss ways to challenge children (and themselves!) to take positive risks and broaden their horizons, even at the risk of falling short;
- Share specific ways in which to encourage children (and ourselves!) to reflect and build upon life lessons learned in failure, for even greater rewards in the future.
SBAA 2020 Baseball and Softball Registration is now Open
Education Foundation of South Brunswick Upcoming Events
- Adult Spelling Bee Challenge - Thursday, February 20th at 6:30 p.m.
Come see what all the buzzzz is about. Join the fun as teams of teachers and staff from South Brunswick schools compete to "bee" spelling champions. Join SBHS hosts Dr. Negraval and Mr. Dentler for a night of fun. Click here for ticket information.
- Ladies' Night "Dance Party" - Friday, March 27th at 7:00 p.m.
Save the date and click here for ticket information.