Wanderlust Wednesday - Sweden
"Not all those who wander are lost"
Explore the Sights and Culture
- Your first stop should be to Riksgatan, the Swedish Parliament House, located in the capital city of Stockolm.
- Explore City Hall and the harbor.
- The Northern Lights in northern Sweden are breathtaking.
- Take a Tour Around Skokloster Castle, one of Sweden's grandest castles!
- Learn about the case of the unknown crown - the story of how "Birger Jarl's crown case" returned to Sweden.
- View the beautiful street art with Art Borås.
- Visit the Royal Armoury, located beneath the Royal Palace.
- The Nationamuseum is Sweden's museum of art and design and includes paintings, sculptures, drawings, and more. Check it out here.
- No trip to Sweden is complete without learning about reindeer!
- Stay in an ice hotel during your stay.
MakerSpace & STEM Activities
Travel with a Book
For Middle Grades & Young Adult Readers
Read a book written by a Swedish author or that takes place in Sweden!
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king."
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring