Carver Middle School Newsletter
April 28, 2019
Greetings Carver Community!
As many of you are aware Mrs. Byers, our Dean of Students and grade 6 administrator went out on maternity leave this past week. We are excited to welcome Mrs. Gayle Sutton to our administrative team for the remainder of the school year. Mrs. Sutton is a retired CCPS Assistant Principal who served at both Bailey Bridge and Matoaca Middle Schools. We look forward to Mrs. Sutton joining the team May 1.
Thank you to everyone who supported the Carver MS Bookfair the past two weeks. Our library staff worked extremely hard and many students took advantage and found their new favorite books. Special thanks to the families who came out Thursday night to celebrate our Holocaust remembrance ceremony. Mrs. Flowers and our English Department did a wonderful job of putting this event together. Thursday was also very special for our Carver MS Student of the Year, Mariah Booker and Christian Eastling. Mariah and Christian were recognized at the CCPS Student of the Year Banquet. Both did a tremendous job representing Carver MS.
We are one week away from the start of SOLs. Our first SOL is scheduled for Monday May 6. Please encourage your students to study and prepare. It is very important that students are prepared with a fully charged chromebook on testing days. If your student needs a replacement charger, they are available for purchase in the main office for $25.
Thank you very much Carver Community and let's have a great week, together!
Anthony J. McLaurin, Ed.D.
Students of The Year
April 22- 3rd Nine Weeks Report Card Distribution
April 29-CCPS MS County Track Meet-2-6 pm James River HS
May 2- Orchestra and guitar concert-6:30-7:30
May 6- Reading 8 SOL
Earth Day Activities
Mrs. Stargardt in Mrs. Saunders' room working on Earth Day activities.
Thanks to the Builder's Club and our Girl Scouts
Thanks to the Carver MS Builder's Club and the Girls Scouts for volunteering to clean up around the school this week.
Purchase a Year Book for Your Cougar!
Parents, Carver Middle School's yearbook will be here by the end of May. If you have not purchased a yearbook yet for your student, there are two ways to purchase one.
1. Bring a check (made out to Carver) or cash to Mr. McGill, room 1606 for 35.00
2. Go to Caver Middle School Website and click on "school information" and select "yearbook" at the bottom.
Use the PTA website at: https://carverpta.ptboard.com/ to sign up.
1. Log in or create an account.
2. On the "Join School" pop up screen enter code: 9XKCHR.
3. Sign up to assist with events, purchase spirit wear, raise funds and assist the PTA in supporting our students!
- Carver Mornings will return after Spring Break.
- Starting March 4, 2019, seventh and eighth grade students will no longer report to the cafeteria for breakfast. Students will have grab and go breakfast stations on their grade level hallways and will eat breakfast in classrooms.
- Starting February 4, 2019 students are not allowed to utilize cell phones during the instructional day. Students are expected to leave phones in their lockers before first period if they choose to bring them to school.
- Students will be dismissed in the following order- 8th graders, 7th graders, 6th graders.