September 11, 2020
Our First Week of Remote Learning
Thank you to everyone who has helped to launch our first week of remote learning at Boone! It has been wonderful to see so many familiar faces in our virtual classrooms. I want to thank all of our teachers and staff for working so hard to prepare for a successful first week, and all of our students and families for your patience and engagement as we have continued to get more and more students connected with devices and internet over the past couple of weeks.
A few reminders:
- If you are still in need of a device, please come to Door 2 any time between 8am-3pm to get an iPad or chromebook.
- If you need assistance with internet access, please contact Counselor Julia Rowe at email@example.com.
- If you have specific questions about your student's schedule, please click on this Remote Learning Schedule document and/or reach out via email to your student's teacher.
- If you need tech assistance, please submit a request with this form: bit.ly/boonetechrequest
Thank you all for your partnership as we learn and grow together in this new way to do school. Wishing you all a peaceful weekend.
Jackie Delaney, Principal
Pictures from the First Day of School!
School Wide Reading: "Rise Up: The Art of Protest" by Jo Rippon
Family Income Information Forms Needed by 9/30/20
First Bilingual Advisory Committee (BAC) Meeting
A message from our English Learner Lead Teacher, Ms. Amalfi Duran:
I am excited to invite you to our first Bilingual Advisory Committee Meeting of this incredibly unique school year 2020-2021! We miss you!. While the meeting won’t be in person, I am glad to see you again via Google Meets!
Please follow the link to sign up so that we can send you the link to our meeting.
It will be from 11:00am to 12:00 on Wednesday, September 16th, 2020.
We will choose the new members of our committee,and also will learn about Social Justice Standards and The Anti-Racist Glossary included in our CIWP.
This is an important meeting! We hope to see you there!
LSC Meeting 9/15/20
Google Basics for CPS Families
- Highlight the core Google applications and how they will be used for remote learning
- Provide support tips to make the experience easier at home
- Share examples how CPS teachers may use the programs so you feel more prepare
External Link to Recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKFm1BZ8_U0
Protecting Student Privacy: Info from CPS
Protecting our students’ privacy during online learning. In addition to ensuring our students have the tools they need to successfully learn from home, CPS is committed to doing everything we can to protect the online privacy and safety of our school communities during remote learning.
- Guests and outside visitors are prohibited from joining virtual classes. It is important to remember that during remote learning, students and teachers will be bringing a virtual classroom into the privacy of their home or living situation. It is our collective responsibility to respect and protect each other’s privacy and any personal or sensitive information we may learn through a virtual classroom. Therefore, the district is prohibiting any outside visitors from participating in or observing a virtual classroom unless legally required or consent has been obtained.
- Teachers should remind students and families that everyone must respect each other’s privacy as much as possible during remote learning. Learn more about how to best respect and protect one another’s privacy during remote learning here. And as a reminder, our Acceptable Use Policy outlines the district’s rules for staff and students interacting on digital platforms.
Amended CPS Calendar
Is there someone at Boone who you would like to recognize for their hard work, kindness, or other awesome quality? Please click here on the Boone Community Shout-Out form to take a moment to acknowledge that person. Your message may appear in the next post!
REPEAT REMINDERS BELOW
How to Contact Office Staff or Administration
While Door 1 is under construction and temporarily unavailable, and there are limited staff at Boone due to COVID-19 closure, here are the ways you can contact office and/or administrative staff:
- Leave a message with Security Officer Mr. Valencia outside at Door 2 near the food distribution, 8am-1pm daily Monday-Friday
- Leave a phone message at 773-534-2160, option #0 (voicemail is checked daily)
- Email one of our clerks: Claudia Ortiz - firstname.lastname@example.org (English & Spanish), Shamiram Shahbaz - email@example.com (English, Arabic, Assyrian)
Daniel Boone Elementary School
Boone Vision: Kindness, creativity, and an understanding of diverse perspectives will guide us as we intentionally engage in learning opportunities and take action to bring about positive change in our world.
Boone Mission: We actively seek to learn more about ourselves, others, and the world through the arts and through learning opportunities that respond to our identities and promote positive relationships. We rise up to advocate for ourselves and others so that everyone is valued and empowered.