June 4, 2021
Reminders & Updates & Calendar
Reminders & Updates
School-wide spirit day next Tuesday, June 8th. We are asking everyone to wear red, black, or any school apparel they have.
- If you would like to purchase a yearbook this year. Please order it online using the following link: ybpay.lifetouch.com. The deadline to order is 7/28/21 for the 20/21 school year. The Yearbook code for our school is #4961821.
June 8th: School-Wide Spirit Day
June 11th: Kindergarten Ceremony
June 11th: Last Day of In-Person Learning for ECSE students
June 14th: Virtual class in the AM for all ECSE students
June 14th: Half Day - PM Schedule
June 15th: Half Day - AM Schedule - Last Day for students - Teacher attends entire day
June 15th: No School for ECSE students
What's Happening in 1st Grade with Mrs. Kroll?
What's Happening in 1st Grade with Ms. Geschwind?
What's Happening in Music with Mrs. Hopersberger?
Clinton Macomb Public Library Resources for EL families
Clinton Macomb Public Library has resources that we can share with our EL families. They had great information! Here is a brief summary for our students and parents for the summer to keep them engaged in reading!
- Easy Digital Resources (document attached). This digital shelf (with links) connects families to books in their native language! As well as the Easy English Newspaper and books to help them learn English.
- Easy English Newspaper: Monthly Subscription that is free at all of their locations (Main, South, & North).
- CMPL Online Newsletter w/ events over the summer, including the Summer Reading program (both for students and adults) which begins June 12th: http://cmpl.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Summer-2021.pdf
- English Conversation Group - where adults can practice their speaking skills registration: http://cmpl.libnet.info/event/5015771 Participants can register using a library card, a Virtual Library card (a student’s ID number, and the last 4 digits of one’s phone number as the PIN) or by calling 586-226-5040.
- English Made Easy for Kids http://ow.ly/eea250zMzjV Arabic Material http://ow.ly/ZER450zMzjW – All other language materials are also available on OverDrive and Hoopla.
- CMPL Databases http://ow.ly/5OWr50zMzjU In this list, look for Pronunciator, which is a language-learning database. A library card (or student ID) is needed to access this Database.
Below you will find links to the resources
CVE Families ~ District Laptop Return Information
Student Laptop Return Procedure
All district-provided student laptops AND their power cords are due back to Clinton Valley by Thursday, June 10th. Please send them in with your student(s) on their regularly scheduled library day, following the schedule posted below. If for some reason you cannot send the equipment in with your student on the specified day, you are more than welcome to bring the equipment into the main office yourself on a day of your choice. If you do not want to wait for your scheduled day, you may also send it in or drop it off earlier. The important thing is that ALL laptops, power cords, Hot Spots, and completed CVS Computer Return Forms be returned to CVE by June 10th. Please contact Becky Koch with any questions or concerns.
Monday - Roddy, Avila, Rees, Tech, Susalla
Tuesday - Strohm
Wednesday - Rice (Laichalk), Kowalski
Thursday - Chimenti, Phillips