Stevland Hardaway Morris
- Born a premature baby
- Retinopathy of prematurity (ROP)
- 3rd of 6 children
- Mother left his father at age 4
- Playing instruments at a very young age, piano, harmonica, drums
- started a band with his friends performing on street corners
Start to his career
- Started his singing career at age 11
- composed his own song called "Lonely Boy"
- went to audition for Motown with his mother
After touring with Motown his voice started to change as he was getting older. Producers wanted to end his contract but he persuaded them to give him another try.
- Recorded over 30 US top 10 hits; 10 of which were number one
- Won 25 Grammys in his lifetime
- In the Rock and Roll and Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Performed at many big events like the Super Bowl and the Olympics
- Sold over 100 million records
- Appeared on the children's show Sesame Street
- The main challenge that Stevie wonder had was his blind handicap. Instead of being afraid of doing things and saying that he couldn't do anything because he was blind, he used it as an advantage to show other people that the impossible was possible.
Steve Wonder "Superstition"