Say It Like the Character
Students read aloud using intonation and expression they believe the character in the story might use when speaking.
Nonfiction Readers Stop and Jot
- After reading that section, are you thinking anything?
- What do you think you can jot that will help you hold on to the information?
- Let's stop and jot.
- Show me what you'll write after that part.
- Let's check the chart.
- I noticed you thought about what would help you when you stopped to jot that.
From: The Reading Strategies Book by Jennifer Serravallo
Teaching Channel Video
Spotlight on Productive Group Work
Spheros in the Classroom
- Spelling or Sight Words (use either alphabet or sight word cards and have students drive the Sphero to the correct card)
- Fact Fluency
- Problem Solving
- Simple Machines/Incline Planes
Feel free to check out our Spheros, and anything else from our Mobile Makerspace!