1B Classroom Update
May 18, 2019
A special thanks for showering us teachers with appreciation last week during Teacher Appreciation Week! Your kindness does not go unnoticed. We are grateful and lucky to be a part of your child's learning experience.
- Monday, May 27 | No School | Memorial Day
- Tuesday, May 28 | PTSO General Body Meeting (date change) & Board Election
- Wednesday, May 29 | PTSO Speakers Series Event
- Thursday, June 6 | No School | Office Open
- Friday, June 7 | 1B Field Trip to Brooklyn Grange (more info to come)
- Thursday, June 13 | Anytime/Anywhere to Iran (date change)
- Thursday, June 20 | Spring Curriculum Share (K-4th Grade Only)
- Monday, June 24 | Whole School Field Day @ Brooklyn Bridge Park
- Tuesday, June 25 | Last Day of Afterschool Program
- Wednesday, June 26 | Last Day of School | Half Day @ 12pm
IB (Celebrations and Traditions)
Chinese Lunar New Year
Mardi Gras / Carnival
Specials Update in 1B
Greetings from ART!
Hope you all are enjoying the Spring flowers and trees!
In preparation for our trip on June 13th, Grade One is investigating animals that live in Iran. Using simple shapes they already know, artists have discovered they can draw things that seem complex (including Persian animals). At the moment they are adding fur (or feathers) to their animals by collaging them with torn paper. While that may sound simple, it requires a great deal of care, overlapping, and persistence! Great work Artists!
Wait til you see their creations on display in Iran!
Ms. Walsh and Ms. Drew