Double Eagle PTA Newsletter - February 21, 2020
Community Partner Spotlight - i9 Sports - Gold Sponsor
i9 offers youth sports leagues, camps and clinics for boys and girls ages 3 and up in flag football, soccer, basketball, baseball and ZIP Lacrosse™. The fundamental principals of i9 sports include the following:
- Age-appropriate instruction emphasizing sportsmanship and healthy competition.
- All skill levels welcome – No tryouts. No drafts.
- Everyone plays – every game.
- One day per week – practice is conveniently scheduled prior to the game.
- No fundraisers.
- Trained officials at every game.
- “When in Doubt Sit Out” Concussion Safety Policy and education for parents and coaches nationwide.
For the kids participating, i9 Sports provides a fun experience in which kids develop athletic skills, learn good sportsmanship and increase their self-confidence. For parents, the i9 program provides a convenient, well organized program that doesn't consume their family's life.
The mission of i9 Sports is to Help Kids Succeed in Life Through Sports. If you are considering giving your child a first-time sporting experience, i9 is a great organization to participate in. It can be a win-win for the child and the family. Double Eagle is proud to have i9 Sports as a Gold Community Partner this year. Their sponsorship and continued partnership over the years has benefited the school and many students through their various sporting programs.
For more information on your local i9 Sports program contact:
i9 Sports® - Albuquerque
13170 Central Ave. SE Ste. B303
Albuquerque, NM 87123
Office Phone: 505-209-2000
Still Recruiting Judges for the Science Fair - Thursday, February 27th
Calling all Judges!!! Science Fair is coming up this Thursday, February 27th! We still need a few more Science Fair Judges! No experience is necessary; just the ability to listen to kids and write a few comments from 8:00-10:00am or 10:15-11:30am. See the sign up below!
Spring Fling Needs Your Help!
- Solicit the local business community for donations for the Silent Auction/Drawing. If interested, contact Rosemarie Sanchez, Co-Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org for specific information on how to get started.
- Serve as the lead of your child's Class Basket. Please contact your child's teacher to sign up. Also, contact Monica Lewis, Coordinator of Class Baskets, at email@example.com for more information about the process.
- If you own your own company or small business, consider donating an item for the Silent Auction/Drawing. This is a great way to advertise your business to the families of the 590 students at Double Eagle. If interested and for more information, please contact Cristina Archibeque, Co-Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring Fling's success is dependent on the full support and commitment from our entire Double Eagle Community. Thank you for your assistance and consideration!
5th Grade Moving On Ceremony - First Committee Meeting on Thursday, March 5th at 2:00pm
Missoula Children's Theater - Looking for Host Family to host Missoula Directors!
We're excited to announce that Missoula Children's Theater will be returning to Double Eagle the week of April 27-May 2, 2020. This year's performance will be Beauty Lou and the Country Beast.
As we approach April, more details will be provided regarding the registration process and tryouts. In the more immediate, we do need some assistance from the parent community in order to make this program possible. Specifically, we are looking for a Double Eagle family to host the two Missoula Directors that travel with the play. If you have a home that can accommodate one or two adult guests for a week, we would greatly appreciate you opening your doors. Please contact Cameron Sorensen, Program Chair, at email@example.com for more information about this opportunity. We are grateful for all the volunteers that can assist with this amazing program.
Buy your 2019-2020 Yearbook Today! $23.00 - Pricing will increase after March 20th!
PTA Recruiting for Officer and Board of Director Positions - 2020-2021
Want to get involved in the Parent Teacher Association? It's simple. First, click on our website link below to join as a Member. Second, reach out to Cristina Archibeque, President, or one of the other DEPTA Board Members, to learn more about how you can become a valuable contributor to this wonderful organization.