City Schools CONNECT March 6, 2023
March 6, 2023
March 6, 2023
- Latest News
- Good news!
- March's Under Armour Student-Athletes
- Code of Conduct Feedback Sessions
- Teacher Recruiting and Hiring Fair
- Summer Learning
- Reintroducing Family University
- FYI exhibit at the Baltimore Museum of Art
- Progress Report - Students guiding students through Peer Group Connection
- Upcoming Events and Dates
- City news and more
Baltimore Ravens L.I.F.T. conference
The Lyric's Dream Big contest
📸 Courtesy of Cross Country Elementary/Middle School
Amazing things are happening in City Schools every day! Click the button below to read some of last week's highlights.
Here's a photo of students from Tench Tilghman, who took a trip to the The National Great Blacks In Wax Museum to research historical leaders, while preparing for their class presentations.
Under Armour's Student-Athletes of March
Do you know a student-athlete that shows exceptional leadership on the field as a teammate and in the classroom? Each month, one male and one female athlete will be recognized with this distinct honor of being named Under Armour's Student-Athlete of the Month!
Code of Conduct Feedback Sessions
Do you have thoughts or feedback about the Code of Conduct? Join an upcoming feedback session to tell us what you think.
- March 14 - 5 p.m. virtual
- March 16 - 4:30 p.m. in-person at Baltimore Polytechnic Institute
- March 21 - 5:30 p.m. virtual
- March 23 - 5 p.m. in-person at Baltimore Polytechnic Institute
- March 28 - 5:30 p.m. virtual
- March 30 - 5 p.m. in-person at Baltimore Polytechnic Institute
Teacher Recruiting and Hiring Fair
City Schools is looking for more amazing teachers! Do you know anyone who may be interested in becoming a teacher at City Schools?
Tell them to attend the upcoming Teacher Recruiting and Hiring Fair on Saturday, March 11. Teacher applicants can be interviewed, meet with school leaders, and get hired on the spot.
Now's a great time to start planning for summer learning! Check out our Summer Program Directory, which lists all the different programs City Schools will be offering this summer. Registration will begin in April so keep an eye out for registration information.
Some schools may offer their own summer programs that are not listed in the directory. Those schools will share information with families directly.
Reintroducing Family University
Do you know about City Schools Family University?
When families and schools work together to help children grow, children are more likely to be successful. That's why we want to partner with you - our families - to help build your confidence and ability to support your student’s learning. Through the Family University, you can access workshops, videos, and resources to help you support your student's learning and build strong a strong partnership with your school.
FYI For Your Inspiration exhibit
Baltimore City Public Schools presents FYI For Your Inspiration art exhibit, opening Wednesday, March 15, at the Baltimore Museum of Art. Make sure to stop by and see our students' amazing artwork, using traditional and surprising materials and techniques.
You'll find the student exhibitions in the Cone Wing. For more information, click HERE.
In March we celebrate...
- 7: Teaching and Learning Committee meeting - 3:30 p.m. (Watch HERE)
- 8: Early release day
- 11: Teacher Recruiting and Hiring Fair - 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- 13: SECAC meeting - 5 p.m.
- 14: Public Board meeting - 5 p.m. (Watch HERE)
- 14: Code of Conduct feedback session for students (Virtual) - 5:30 p.m. - Join HERE
- 16: Code of Conduct feedback session for students - 4:30 p.m. - Baltimore Polytechnic Institute
- 16: PCAB meeting - 6:30 p.m.
- 17: Professional Development Day- schools closed for students
- 21: Operations Committee meeting - 10:30 a.m. (Watch HERE)
- 21: Policy Committee meeting - 4 p.m. (Watch HERE)
- 21: Code of Conduct feedback session for families (Virtual) - 5:30 p.m. - Join HERE
- 23: Observance day; modified after-school activities; no testing may occur
- 23: Code of Conduct feedback session for families - 5 p.m. - Baltimore Polytechnic Institute
City news and more
Baltimore Ravens L.I.F.T Conference
The Baltimore Ravens are hosting their seventh annual Leading and Inspiring Females to Thrive (L.I.F.T.) conference on Tuesday, April 12. This conference is held to empower the next generation of female athletes to harness and develop their leadership skills. If you know a female athlete, encourage them to apply to attend. Applications are due by Friday, March 24.
The Lyric's Dream Big contest
Educating our students about Black History doesn't stop when February ends. Encourage the student in your life to write and submit their entry for the Lyric's Dream Big contest. Students in grades five through twelve are eligible to enter the contest with a 300-word essay, a one-page poem, a 60-second edited video, or a visual artwork. Selected finalists will share their work on the Lyric’s historic stage on Thursday, April 26, 2023 and receive a prize package that includes cash awards and a laptop computer!
The deadline for contest submissions is March 31.
Find more information for...
Complaints/ Concerns: 410-545-1870
Special Education Parent Response Unit: 443-984-1561