Reading & Writing News
from Mr. Jones
Please help us update our parent contact information list by taking a moment to complete the linked form.
Feb. 8th: Wear orange for CE: Cooperation (every Monday in February)
Feb. 10th: Progress Reports come home
Feb. 11th: Love & Logic Parent Classes 6-7:30 p.m.
Feb. 11th: Fajita Willie's Spirit Night
Feb. 11th & 12th: StuCo flower sale fundraiser $1.00
Feb. 12th: Valentine card exchange
Feb. 12th: School Spirit Day: Wear a BCE shirt!
STAAR Writing: Tuesday, March 29th
STAAR Reading: Tuesday, May 10th
Seesaw in the Classroom
Information regarding parental access to Seesaw will come home in the Wednesday folders.
In the Classroom...
The Week in Reading
- Practice nonfiction reading strategies for deep reading and analysis,
- Demonstrate comprehension using a variety of nonfiction texts,
- Learn to discover the six signposts of nonfiction texts,
- Respond to and show thinking during Interactive Read-Alouds,
- And practice stamina during independent reading time.
The Week in Writing
- Review standard paragraphing techniques in preparation for the upcoming STAAR,
- Create topic sentences,
- Provide supporting details with elaboration,
- Conclude ideas effectively,
- And practice stamina during independent writing response time.