Holly Academy News & Views
September 20, 2019
It was a pleasure to see so many parents attend our Fueling Parent Excellence evening on Monday. Our mission is to achieve individual academic success for all students through a positive family/school/community partnership. The FPE event is just one of the ways that Holly Academy supports this mission. If you have any follow up questions regarding the information presented at the event, please don't hesitate to ask. My email address is: email@example.com. No question is too trivial! It's great to be a Husky!
Keeping Our Huskies Safe!
Welcome back to our wonderful crosswalk helpers!
John Coleman has joined the tremendous trio. John is replacing Teri Webner. Teri was one of our crosswalk "orginals", and she did a fantastic job! We will miss her. Please welcome John when you see him.
Returning are Barb Bunker and Jerry Elliott. Please say “hi” when you see them. For a conversation starter, ask Barb about her grandchildren and ask Jerry how the Yankees are doing.
Our thanks to all three for being with us this year and for helping to keep everyone safe!
Power of the Pack!
Did You Know...
- Holly Academy offers a selection of 18 electives in middle school
- We support the 21st Century learner by offering STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math), Lego Robotics, Coding, and Keyboarding
- For those students who enjoy language we offer Spanish Drama and Spanish Art and Food
- Last year we added Advanced Conditioning as a Physical Education option
- Our annual yearbook is created by our 7th and 8th grade students in our Yearbook elective
We are proud of the varied courses we offer to ensure that our students, "Dare to be Remarkable"!
- Sept. 25 - Board of Directors meeting at 5:30pm in the media center
- Sept. 26 - Tornado drill at 11:00am
- Sept. 27 - Cookie dough sale begins
- Oct. 2 - Count day
- Oct. 4 - PTO dress down day, $1.00
- Oct. 10 - PTO meeting at 8:00am in media center
- Oct. 11 - Half day, dismiss at 11:30am, free dress down day
- Oct. 18 - Fall on the Farm
- Oct. 18 - Book Fair begins
- Oct. 21 - Fire drill at 10:00am
- Oct. 23 - Unity Day-students can dress down if they wear orange or Stand Up to Bullying shirt
- Oct. 23. - Coffee and Conversation at 8:00am in media center
- Oct. 23 - Book Fair ends
- Oct. 25 - Athletic dept. dress down day, $1.00
- Oct. 28 - Spirit Week begins
- Oct. 30 - Board of Directors meeting at 5:30pm in the media center