Volume 2, Issue 28
I want to thank all of your for your kindness this week. I sincerely appreciate the calls, cards, emails, smiles, hugs, and thoughts. It is never easy to lose someone that you love dearly but having the support you all have offered me has made it a bit more bearable. I hope you had a chance to look at our Facebook and Instagram pages to see the awesome pictures of our track stars at the Zone track meet this week. We have so many talented students whether they shine in their academics or extra curricular activities! I am proud to be a Badger and I hope you are as well! Have a great rest of the week and a wonderful weekend!
Our Week At A Glance
- Happy Birthday, Diana Thompson!
- Advisory - Grade Check, Binder Check & Work on Work
Beginner Band Rehearsal / EW / 7:30 am
Band Pops Concert @ EW / 6:00 Beginners & 7:00 Symphonic & Honors
- Advisory -Club
- Soccer Game vs. PV / SHS / 5:30 & 6:40
- Advisory - Math STAAR Nugget
- Open Enrollment Mtg. w/ First Financial / Library / 3:45 - 4:15 (all staff)
- PTO Meeting / Board Room / 6:00
- 5th 6 Weeks Celebration All Day (See schedule)
- 6th Grade Immunization Clinic / Large Conference Room
- Teacher Self-Report Parts 2 & 3 Due in Eduphoria
- Open Enrollment Individual Mtgs. / Library / Available 7:45 - 3:45
- Elisha & Ashley / District Meeting / 1:30 - 3:45
- No School - Bad Weather Make up Day
- Art- 8th Grade Students trip to Main Street Festival
- End of 5th Six Weeks
- 6th Grade Choir- Six Flags Trip
- Happy Birthday, Stephen Corkill!
A Message from Mrs. Peters:
- April 14th is the deadline for students to take Lone Star Reading list tests in order to be eligible for the field trip. I am very excited to say that we have almost quadrupled the number of students going on the field trip versus last year. I expect to be taking about 19 students. We had a little friendly classroom competition this year for # of tests taken, and Coach Payne's classes were the overwhelming winner. As a celebration for their accomplishment, I'd like to offer his 2nd and 3rd period classes a "Game Day" in the library.
- May 13th - Last day to check out library books, district-wide.
- May 17th - All books due to library
- May 17th - Lone Star Reads Field Trip to Itz Pizza
- May 23-27th - Spring Book Fair
- Please plan to attend the open enrollment meeting that is required for all of us at 3:45 in our library on 4/13. If you are unable to attend, you will need to find another campus that is having a meeting and attend there.
- Also, please come by the library before school or during your common planning/work in your room time on 4/14 to complete the required documentation for our open enrollment. Everyone needs to stop by even if you are declining coverage.
- As I have observed our Lions Quest lessons being taught, I wanted to share some best practices that I have seen. Teachers modeling the practicing activity so that students know what they are expected to accomplish, teachers varying grouping strategies from one activity to another throughout the lesson, and teachers referring to the shared agreements for respectful behavior in the classroom.
- We were expecting to have Dr. Chadwell on our campus this next week for a visit and we have rescheduled him for May. Just wanted to let you all know.
- As we are approaching a full week of testing in May, please make sure you have identified students who need interventions and are providing tutorials to help them close their gaps and grow! Studying your data will help you focus your intervention time with your students so that you are working on their specific needs.
- During your planning time on celebration day, 4/14, or between now and then, please take less than 5 minutes to complete the survey monkey below. This survey will help our campus understand how our teachers are feeling about the effectiveness of Lions Quest in both academics and behavior as well as which SEL's it was most effective in teaching. We really appreciate and value your input.
Attention all you Sonic LOVERS!!
PTO is selling $5 Sonic Cards. PTO supports our staff and students and with every bit they raise they pour back into our campus. The $5 cards offer you much more than $5 worth of savings at Sonic. Please help us support our PTO. If you are interested in a Sonic Card please see Ashley.
- BJ Kiser, Pam Kelly, Dana Scott, Rob Moore, Richard Cox, David Johnson, Trey Brown, Brady Blair, Anthony Valle, Garret Smith and Brandon Bronaugh - Thank you for your hard work and dedication to our track athletes! We had a great season!
- Susan Naizer, Heather Rush, Monique Peressim, Emily Staples, Amy Huddleston, and Priscilla Green - Thank you so much for volunteering to help make our Spring Fling Dance a success!
- Alicia Leone & Heather Crawford - Thank you for organizing our Spring Fling Dance! Our students enjoyed it very much!
- Katie Munk, Ashley Velasco, Amy Huddleston, and Christie Warden - Thank you for organizing a nice breakfast celebration for Paraprofessionals Day!
- Jackie Auger - Thank you for making sure information that was pertinent to our students for their SS Benchmark was clearly communicated!
- Christie Warden - Thank you for organizing another smooth benchmark experience for our teachers!
- Richard Cox & Lauren Polasek - Thank you for being our long term guest teachers! We appreciate and value both of you!
- Karen Walters - Thank you for working diligently to make sure our benchmark answer documents are scanned immediately after you receive them!
- AVID Site Team - Thank you for your commitment to our AVID program! We are in the process of setting up interviews of students who are interested in AVID and we hope to continue to build our program. Thank you for your willingness to serve!
Important Upcoming Dates
- 4/20 - CPAC meeting / 3:45 / Large Conference Room
- 5/9- STAAR Testing / 6th & 7th Grade Math / 8th Grade STAAR Retest / Closed Campus to Visitors
- 5/10- STAAR Testing / 6th & 7th Grade Reading / 8th Grade STAAR Retest / Closed Campus to Visitors
- 5/11- STAAR Testing / 8th Grade Science / Closed Campus to Visitors
- 5/12- STAAR Testing / 8th Grade Social Studies / Closed Campus to Visitors
- 5/30- Memorial Day / School Holiday / No School