October 21, 2022
Fall is Here!
October 2022 Parent Newsletter
I hope everyone is enjoying this nice fall weather. I know our Haycox students are thankful. Here is even more to be thankful for:
- Our Character Counts program started Oct 17th. All student demonstrating Responsibility will be entered into a drawing to win prizes every Friday.
- Red Ribbon week begins on, Oct 24th, and ends the 28th. Click on the Red Ribbon calendar to see the daily activities.
- Picture Day! TK, K, 2nd, and 5th on Oct 27 and 1st, 3rd, 4th, on Oct 28th.
- Wear a costume that shows good character on Halloween Monday, October 31st.
Weekly Character Trait: Responsibility
People of good character are admired and well respected in life. You can be a person of good character too, by possessing six important traits. We call these traits the six pillars of character. They are trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship. Your students are learning about what it means to be responsible this week. You can help them at home practice these behaviors to become more responsible:
- Create and maintain a safe living environment
- Be reliable and dependable; when you agree to do something, do it.
- Think before you act and imagine the consequences.
At the end of the week, students will be saying, "I am a responsible person. I take care of my own business; I never make others do what I am supposed to do." Ask your students if they are being responsible. Ask them if they received a character ticket today.
Be on the look out for our students and families coming and going to school. Remind your your friends and neighbors to be safe. If you see something, say something. There should never be alcohol in or around the Haycox campus. Our parking lot is for families with students on campus only. All visitors must check in at the office to get a name badge before entering the campus. Thank you to all our families who are keeping our students safe.
Keep your students safe in the pool too! The City of Port Hueneme Aquatics is now offering swim lesson at Hueneme High School. Registration opened on October 3rd.
- The cost is $56.00 for 8 lessons
- Sign up at the Community Center at 550 Park Ave.
- or call 1- 805-986-6542 for more information
- or email email@example.com
PTA Pizza Sales are Back!
PTA will be selling pizza, chips, and juice from 12:45 pm - 1:15 pm on the first of every Wednesday, starting November 2nd. All proceeds will pay for Haycox student assemblies. We are asking each family if they could donate 1 box of Capri Sun to sell on Wednesdays during our pizza sales. Feel free to send the box to school with your student for their teacher to collect. Thank you for supporting Haycox!!
- Pizza $1 per slice
- Chip $1 per bag
- Juice $.50 per juice
Updated COVID Protocols
We send students home who are experiencing multiple cold or covid symptoms.
We can test students as part of the process (with parent permission).
If a student is absent due to COVID-related symptoms, the attendance record will indicate “PHM”
If they test positive, they must be out for 5 days from onset of symptoms or positive test.
Students can return after 5 days with a negative test.
If students don’t test it is mandatory that they stay out for 10 days.
We will be sending a green ticket with students who have tested positive for COVID and have met requirements for returning to school.
Regardless of vaccination status, students who are a close contacts are not required to quarantine if asymptomatic
Haycox is a uniform school
Please be sure to call if you have questions about the school uniform!
Download the APP Today!
At the end of last school year, HESD had the opportunity to adopt Parent Square. Parent Square supports communication with staff and students at the class, school, and district level and integrates with our student information system, Aequitas Q. Enter the cell phone or email that is on file in Q to sign in or sign up.
- Existing Users: Parent Square can be accessed within Q under Menu > Communications > Q Communications PS or at https://www.parentsquare.com/signin by using the 'Sign-in with Google' button.
- New Users: Parent Square can be accessed within Q under Menu > Communications > Q Communications PS or at https://www.parentsquare.com/signin by using the 'Sign-up/Register'
We are here to serve and support you!
Ms. Julianne Peña
Ms. Etelina Durazo
School Counselor, A - L
School Counselor, M - Z
To contact your student’s teacher:
Dial (805) 488-3578 after school hours and ask to be transferred
Message using Parent Square