SRES Eagle Times
December 2, 2022 - Issue No. 14
Inspire, Create and Grow a Community of Lifelong Learners
NEWS FROM MRS. HAZARD, PRINCIPAL
Greetings SRES Families!
Our kindergarten students did a super job facilitating All School Meeting this morning! We engaged in a mystery greeting and the Alphabet Song and movement. Enjoy the photos below.
During Morning Meeting, three students were recognized for meeting Reading Challenge milestones: Jackson read 5000 pages, Zylah read 35,000 pages and Finne completed the challenge by reading 40,000 pages! Well done!!! Keep reading SRES.
- 89% of SRES families participated in a conference; thank you!
- It's never too late to schedule a conference; please contact your child's teacher.
- We are so close to reaching our goal of 100%!!
Winter Sports Program
- Forms were due today and we are still missing many!
- If you did not send in a form, please do so Monday morning.
- We have to submit rental needs to Okemo on Monday (if you are not on our list, you may not be able to rent)
- Payment is due by December 16th; please make checks payable to Rockingham Town School District.
White Elephant Sale
- Please donate gently used items on or before Friday, December 9th.
- On Monday, a form will come home asking you to list family members that live in your household. Students will use this list when shopping at the sale.
- PTO is also collecting gift bags for items that students select and large reusable shopping bags so as to bring all of their gifts home.
- It's cold outside! Please remember to send in a winter coat, mittens/gloves, a hat, as well as snow pants and boots when snow is on the ground.
- Students should always have shoes to change into (snow boots are for outside!).
- The number of students requesting cups is increasing...please help by sending in a water bottle each day with your student.
After school program
- December 15th at 4pm: Drama performance at SRES
- December 19-20: No after-school programming
- December 5th: Little Caesars order arrives (see below)
- December 13th: White Elephant Sale
- December 14th: Early Release; 11:45am dismissal
- December 16th: Report cards go home
- December 21st: Special performance for students; Early Release at 11:45am
- December 22-January 2: Winter break
Stay warm and dry this weekend! Enjoy family time!!!
Your partner in education,
WNESU is interested in getting your feedback about the preschool needs of our families. If you have children aged five and under and live within WNESU, please complete this brief survey. Thank You!
Winter sports forms (if not turned in yet) please make sure they are in by Monday.
Checks should be made out to Rockingham Town School District. Payments for each of the programs are due back to the office no later than December 16th.
Process for delay or cancellation due to weather:
-- After consultation with road crews, etc Superintendent Haas will send out a robo call to the district, announcing a delay or cancellation, as well as impacts ( transportation, after-school programming, etc). It is sent to the primary phone for each parent listed.
--Kate O'Connor from the SU office will post on Facebook and the websites, will notify WCAX and WKNE, and will send out an email on [teamwnesu] email.
Pizza kits will be brought home with your student(s), or can be picked up at dismissal or at the end of the after school program that day.
Please plan accordingly since SRES does not have storage space to hold the kits.
AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM NEWS
Lots of exciting things are going on in ASP here at SRES!
Monday: STEAM night: We started engineering boxcars for our boxcar race . In this activity ,we split into teams. Each team will design,create and then enter their boxcar into the final race.
Tuesday: Craft night: Snow Globes were a huge hit on craft night this week. Some students choose to have their snow globe displayed on the ASP bulletin board. Those will be coming home next week.
Wednesday: Grafton Nature Museum: We had our last visit from Jay on Wednesday. Jay bought maps for us to learn to read. The students did an amazing job. We will resume our program with Grafton Nature Museum in the Spring.
Thursday: MSA night: We practiced our play with Trish. It is really coming together! ASP families are invited to a performance on December 15th at 4 pm here at the SRES gym. Hope to see you there!
Friday: Board game night: Did you say BINGO?! Friday night was bingo night. A favorite every time!
December 15th - Drama performance for ASP families
December 19th and 20th - NO ASP
Friendly reminders: Please send your students with boots and outerwear. Extra mittens are highly recommended. We are outside for ASP recess weather permitting. Please send water bottles with your student each day.
Please feel free to reach out with any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org
SRES ASP Site Coordinator