AMS NEST NEWS
It is hard to believe that we are about to wrap up the 2021-2022 school year! It has been a wonderful feeling to be able to bring back some of our fun activities for students; field trips, group work, grade level cookouts, and parent volunteers!!
We wish our 8th grade students a great transition to high school and we look forward to watching them thrive and grow until graduation day as seniors! We want to thank you all for a wonderful school year. We are all so thankful to be in such a supportive community with a GREAT school district!
Students were rewarded with a SOAR into Summer Cookout for the 4th Quarter PBIS rewards! Thank you to all of the parents that were able to attend and assist with our cookout and ice cream! We are very grateful and appreciate your help and support!
We are looking to finishing the school year strong! Please be sure to check your child's PowerSchool as we wind down the school year. I hope you have an amazing SUMMER with family and friends!
Please feel free to reach me by phone 440-934-3800 (ext. 5005) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
"Trust that an ending is followed by a beginning." Anonymous
6/1 - SOAR into Summer Cookout
6/1 - Last day for MAP testing-results will be mailed home soon
6/2 - AHS Graduation @ 7PM
6/3 - 8th Grade Celebration Dance (sponsored by Boosters)
6/8 - Last Day of School for Students
6/10 - Report Cards available online
Volleyball, Cross Country, Soccer Camp, Football Information
Any students interested in Avon’s summer soccer camp: Please pick up a flyer in the main office for detailed information on how to sign up. Summer camp will take place from Monday, July 25th-Thursday, July 28th at Schwartz Road Park and is open for all grades K-8th.
Any girl interested in trying out for 7th or 8th grade volleyball next year, please pick up an information sheet in the office.
Daily announcements are made for fall sport information. Check back throughout the summer on our school website for tryout and sport information. Thank you!
A Few Reminders
- Please check PowerSchool for any outstanding SCHOOL FEES!
- Yearbooks just shipped this week and should be delivered soon. We are hoping they are here before students leave on June 8th.
- If you are dropping off your child in the morning, please be sure to drive slowly and be careful as students are crossing the road. Please be sure to pull all the way forward in line for drop off to help with our traffic line. Thank you!
- If your son/daughter will be leaving early from school for a doctor's appointment/etc. please send them in with a note that will need to be dropped off in the office first thing in the morning or call our office first thing in the morning. Thank you!
- If your son/daughter is not feeling well, please keep them home from school and call our 24 hour attendance line 440-934-3838.
- Each student needs to use their avoneagles.org account when they are here at school. Please remind your child to use this account when at school. Thank you!
7th Grade Immunizations 2022-2023 school year
Summer Office Hours
Counselors are finalizing schedules and class rosters. They finished presentations with 6th graders last month with an activity called "A letter to my 8th grade self" that students will receive back during the end of the 8th grade year!
Please remember that ANY/ALL SCHEDULE CHANGES need to be done by JUNE 13TH. THANK YOU!
Mrs. Enourato (Last Names A-K) & Mrs. Speicher (Last Names L-Z)